Wednesday, 21 March 2007

OB appt 2

I saw my OB again yesterday morning. The foetus is still alive, has grown - a lot since two weeks ago. I've taken the huge step of adding a ticker above. I'll feel very bad if I have to take it down again. But it seems to me that Kate and Clare's tickers are counting down fast (although I'm sure it doesn't feel like it to them).

Updated about 3 hours later. I can't handle the ticker yet. So I've taken it down again!

I woke up at 3:30 am last night and all sorts of thoughts running round my head to do with the trisomies. Couldn't get back to sleep for more than an hour. The OB had asked us if we wanted to do the triple screen test at 12 weeks and we'd spoken about trisomy 18 being incompatible with life.

DH is great, as he was when I was pregnant with Moksha. He has come to both appointments. Basically I need him there in case I find out that it's all over. The OB said, do you feel okay coming in again in four weeks? And I said, can we just have a quick check in two weeks to see if it's still alive? She said yes and so next appointment is on 2nd April. I got my little carnet de grossesse to carry around with me.

Missed miscarriage and trisomy, those are the terms swimming around my head :-(

I don't have many symptoms and I could not look at the u/s screen until she said, look everything is okay. Actually I glanced at it for a microsecond and not seeing an immediately obvious heartbeat, I looked away again. But it was there, plugging away.

12 comments:

SWH said...

Very glad you got good news. :)

I finally posted (thanks for the encouragement!)

Anam Cara said...

I am so thrilled all went well yesterday. It is soooooo freaking nerve-wracking waiting to find out if there is a heartbeat. And I'm glad you are going back in 2 weeks. Two will be long enough - four would feel like an eternity and you would probably go crazy in between.

whatthef*ck said...

so glad to hear the good news. whew. one day at a time. how 'bout a ticker that counts down til your next u/s or whatever else feels like a manageable chunk of time. no jinx factor there.

i'm checking in on you frquently and am so relieved to hear the good news.

have you considered renting a doppler at 10 weeks or so? mine has been HUGE for the mental health.

go embryo go!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you both.
And I'm glad your Dr is letting you come in to see her in 2 weeks.
I understand 4 weeks would be really hard.

Hugs
xxx

AJW5403 said...

So happy to hear you had a great u/s. If I were you I would get a doppler. It saved me during my pregnancy.

Jillian said...

Good news! I don't think it gets very much easier and the support of a good partner is so important. Just keep plugging away little one:)

delphi said...

It's all so scary, but each milestone of good news is a step forward. It seems to me that you are coping as well as can be expected.

Sorry - this is SO off topic. I have set up a blog for listing Babyloss blogs and for posting helpful resources. My goal is to have a central location for our community to share information and to be a starting point for someone who is journeying this terrible path.

http://babylossdirectory.blogspot.com

If you would like to list your blog in the Directory, please visit the site and email one of the Contributors listed in the sidebar.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear all is well! I understand what you mean about worrying about the missed m/c/trisomy issue. That was my biggest worry, too.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update :)

Its hard not to worry, I completely understand. Loss makes any future pregnancy hard to bear. I did that not looking at the monitor thing too.

really praying all goes well.

X

Clare said...

So glad to hear everything is going well and the baby is measuring on track. It was just the news I wanted to read here. I think it's good to put up a ticker (if only to keep us internets up to date with where you're at)... but I can't see your ticker yet? Did you take it down or is it blogger playing up?

kate said...

Where's my previous comment? I swear, this eating of my comments is becoming a passion with blogger. I forget what i wrote before ;)

I came back again to comment on the ticker issue. Mine seemed to be going at a reasonable clip for the last few weeks, but all of a sudden it has slowed to a halt. I am past the trisomy fears but now freaked out by the possibility of having preemies. Oy.

And i do find that 2-3 weeks is the optimal length of time between OB appointments...until closer to the end.

M said...

One day at a time my love - hapy to hear that all is well x