Friday, 3 August 2007

I hate this

It's CD 20 and still no goddam temperature rise. Now what's the problem? God, my life is one of circular repetition. TTC, pregnant, death, TTC, pregnant, death, death, TTC....

So now isn't the time to break the cycle, it's after the next step that it should be broken.

I HATE THIS.

13 comments:

Julia said...

When did you check your thyroid last? It going hypo again can lengthen the cycle. Mine jumping all around has made my cycles do the same. Very annoying.

Rosepetal said...

It was checked a few weeks ago and was normal with the low dosage thyroxine I'm taking.

niobe said...

I know absolutely nothing about charting, so forgive me if this is a really, really stupid question: For some cycles is it possible that the temperature rise is so small that's it's basically impossible to detect (or, perhaps, the rise doesn't occur at all)?

Rosepetal said...

Niobe, I don't think so. You use a special thermometer to two decimal points. In the other cycles I charted there was always a noticeable temp shift. That's the point of charting on cycles even when you're not trying, so that you can see what your personal pattern is.

Anyway I used an OPK (ovulation predictor kit) this evening which shows no imminent ovulation either.

delphi said...

You could be stuck in an anovulatory cycle, but (perhaps more likely) recent events could just be provoking a longer cycle. Horrible of me to even type this, but: try to be patient (and I assure you I know how impossible patience is). I always try to think of it this way: as irritating as a long cycle is (and I've had them in spades), if your temp rise hasn't happened, that means you haven't missed your window of opportunity.

So, SO sorry that things aren't like clockwork. TTC after loss is bloody torture.

As always, if there is anything I can do...

Rosepetal said...

Delphi, this is one of the freak out reasons. Why would I be having an anovulatory cycle? Am I pre-menopausal? Not content with dishing out chromosomally faulty eggs on cycles where I do get pg, is my body now giving up?

I hate this as I'm not even supposed to be doing it. I'm supposed to be looking after my one year old son. I didn't do any of this charting crap when I got pg with V, and I got pg with him immediately.

I charted last cycle when we weren't TTC and didn't seem to have an anovulatary cycle. So YTF would I have one now?

kate said...

That was my question, did you chart last cycle....i have no idea about any answers about an anovulatory cycle though. You might try asking at FF though, they have forums etc. if you are a paying member i think. Lots of experience there.

laura said...

My charting experience is limited, but I would think that the hell you've been through of late would be enough to put a hold on ovulation. Big stress always affects my cycle. As I'm typing this, I'm realizing it may not be that helpful - recognizing that trauma/stress might be the problem doesn't actually help the stress to go away, does it? Sorry. Happy belated Birthday to V, wherever he is.

delphi said...

I agree, anovulation is scary for the reasons you listed. On average, every woman has one anovulatory cycle a year (so I read somewhere). My mother went into VERY early menopause, so that is a real concern for me, too. In any case, if it were anovulatory, it would delay things a month, right? And that would suck, even if there were no other effects.

Hoping you see that rise REALLY soon.

Jillian said...

Rosepetal, I only on my 4th post partum cycle and I am ovulating in the 20s with 6 and 7 day LPs. Completely screwed. But the last three cycles have gotten one day more normal each time so although I couldn't get pregnant and stay pregnant, it *should* get there eventually.

If your cycle is actually annov, you will need to go get a shot of provera to start your next period. I'm assuming you have enough old charts to be certain of your personal pattern and to use as proof for the doc. If you haven't O'd by your normal due date, you can go get it started.

Whatever the cause, it's an extra stress you could do without. But try not to assume the worst - I know, hard to do given the past 12 months - and see your doc about getting back on track. There are herbal routes you can take too if that is your preference. I used Vitex Agnus Castus (Chastetree Berry) to normalise my cycles to get pg with DD2.

OK then, assvise administered;) Best of luck:)

missing_one said...

I don't know if this helps, but I am either in my first of second cycle since J and the first one was two weeks and then I had another period. Now I"m CD17 and still nothing.
I think sometimes things take longer to get back to normal...whatever that is.
Also, sometimes if you ovulate on a different side, things can get a little different there too.
The hormones levels are all off for awhile (I think it takes a good year to get them back to "normal")
Hope you get a rise soon!
*hugs*

wannabe mom said...

telling you about my irregular cycles isn't helpful (e.g. temp rise on CD50! now that's f*d). i'm with mad mommy that it might be stress related, whether you are conscious of the stress or not.

i hate this too. thinking of you.

Rosepetal said...

Had a jump of ... wait for it... 0.2 deg C this morning. But not conclusive, since DH screwed up by

a) messing with the alarm so that it didn't go off at normal temp taking time.

b) peering in to say goodbye when I was still asleep. I happened to turn over sleepily just when he was peering through the door and I got a huge shock and jumped (figuratively speaking). Cue adrenalin rush. Instead of saying, "goodbye dear" I said "WHY DIDN'T THE ALARM GO OFF" and grabbed my BBT thermometer. Then he tried to hug me to say sorry for giving me a shock and I told him to get off as he was probably warming up my BBT by hugging me.

Good times.