Monday, 6 October 2008

Knitting update

So I finished the back a little while ago and started on a sleeve. And made a mistake and undid it all and started again. And made more mistakes and undid rows and couldn't get them back on the needle without dropping stiches left right and centre, and started again. And made more mistakes and.... well you get the idea. Here's the back anyway:


After making all those - stupid, I might add - mistakes on the sleeve, the biggest one came when I was at the last colour stripe and realised I had knitted too many rows in each colour through pattern misreading. So I am starting again! Oh well, I guess I learned from my mistakes.
It's a good job I am making the twelve month size as I anticipated the uneven levels of motivation. But I will finish it!

4 comments:

kate said...

Wow, looks great though! I love the colors. Believe me, i know the frustration ;) Alot of the time i leave stuff wrong rather than pull it out -- as long as it is not terribly too far off, i figure noone will notice.

Coggy said...

I love the colours too.

I make those stupid mistakes all the time when I knit. Even when I concentrate really hard. Frustrating! Like Kate I try and leave the mistakes then realize it looks odd when I make it up!

Artblog said...

ooohhh hidden talent, nice :)
x

janis said...

I think it looks GREAT!
That is waaaaay beyond anything I can accomplish with those knitting needles...