Thursday, 5 February 2009

And then?

Tomorrow I go to get a second dose of the MMR (measles mumps rubella) vaccine.

The two things my OB told me I had to do before getting pregnant again were: get a varicella vaccine and get a second dose of MMR.

Varicella - tick for the actual disease, thanks a lot.
MMR - tomorrow

Then I think I have to wait at least a month after the vaccine (I need to check this)
Beanie will be one year old (can you believe it?)

Then there's nothing more to wait for.

DH and I have made zero progress on discussing another pregnancy as in what would we do if we have another baby with a T21 diagnosis. And frankly I think we will not make any. We will just end up trying again and, if lucky enough to get pregnant again, we will just end up having terrible terrible discussions if that happens.

We're not superpeople. Some things are too hard to plan for.

8 comments:

Clarabella said...

I think your last sentence sums it up perfectly. Good luck.

Ya Chun said...

you can't really plan until you know what you are planning/deciding.

nothing to wait for except feeling up to it...

Anonymous said...

I had to get another MMR before I got pregnant with K. One day at a time, my friend.

Artblog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Artblog said...

Lets try again, with spell check ;)

Exactly. I beleive if you think about it too much, like anything else, you never do it or anything else, ever and potentially lose out on something wonderful.

I see it like this, been through it once, know the drill, it will be bloody awful if it happens but I'm better prepared. That's the theory anyway. Life is full of risks.

Hope it works out and soon :)

xxx

msfitzita said...

They are too hard to plan for. They are.

I'm hoping, with all my heart, that you've had your last unbearable discussion. Ever.

(((((HUGS)))))

CLC said...

I can't believe a year has gone by! And you are a brave woman to think about trying again. This pregnancy has made me think I never want to do this again, based on the fear alone. Of course, if everything turns out ok, I will probably sing a different tune.

Coggy said...

I can't believe it's nearly a year. I agree with the above. You can't think about it too much otherwise you'd never go there again. I think it's a case of cross each bridge as you come to it.
I'm already mentally calculating how long before we can TTC again. At least a year but I know I want to have another brother or sister for Em.