Friday, 25 September 2009

Heartbeat

Some hurdles have been crossed.

Heartbeat
Not ectopic
Measuring according to dates

Next check-up in 3 weeks' time, while I have to think about getting both the seasonal flu and H1N1 vaccines.

12 comments:

Ya Chun said...

YAY!! Let the journey begin...

my doctor was saying not to get the flu shots until after 14 weeks. I can't say I have heard or read that anywhere else??? But, might be worth looking into/asking.

delphi said...

Our province is recommending only the H1N1 vaccine and not the seasonal. A very recent study suggests those who have recieved the seasonal in the past are more likely to contract h1n1. Ask your doctor about it. I think if/when for the vaccine is a hard question. The vaccine won't be available until November, here...

Brenda - you can now find me at : www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com said...

Super news!
Hugs
xxx

Rosepetal said...

And once again medical advice is not synchronised globally at all. Here they specifically recommend getting the seasonal shot 3 weeks before getting the H1N1 shot as there is evidence of better protection against H1N1 that way!

Then the thing about when to get them. The thing is, they always say that there's no point having the vaccine once flu season is well underway.

The h1n1 vaccine is available in October over here.

pbugsmommy said...

Woo-Hoo! One more down...

delphi said...

Apparently, Canadians are doing things differently than most places. Today, our province announced that it isn't going to provide the seasonal vaccine at all, except for senior citizens. Most years they do a mass vaccination campaign for all citizens for the seasonal vaccine. I got the seasonal vaccine in both pregnancies as soon as it was available.

I am very preoccupied with H1N1. It is turning into something of a national past time. It is on TV here in every single newscast.

And I forgot to say that the other three pieces of news are very good indeed!!

Sara said...

Whee! Hold on tight.

I'm so pleased.

msfitzita said...

Oh my GOSH!!! I've been so absent the last few months and I completely missed this wonderful news! CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! I'm thinking all kinds of good thoughts and sending them your way.

((((HUGS)))))

Unknown said...

That's great that the hurdles are falling effortlessly behind you. It is wonderful to hear that steady whoosh of a heartbeat.

Brenda - you can now find me at : www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com said...

Fantastic news.
Hugs xxx

kate said...

That is a very positive update!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I missed this. Sorry I am late, but yay!!!! What happy news!