Meltdown is continuing or repeating, can't really say which.
For want of something better to say - some totally random news / articles I read this week:
Elephants can recognise their own reflection
No more fish to eat in 40 years
UK youths the worst behaved in Europe (This isn't really news, though)
Titanic love child's ashes scattered in the Atlantic
Once Upon a Time - What makes celebrities think they can write children's books?
********
I have been listening online this week to the radio serialisation of the book "Letters to Charlie", written by a father to his 13 year-old daughter who died instantly after being hit by a train. It's different from losing a baby as he has memories of who Charlie really was but I found myself nodding to large parts of what Charlie's father said.
You can listen to it here for up to seven days after broadcast. I really recommend it. It's sad, but I'm not fleeing sadness. If you listen, please do let me know what you thought.
*********
Last night I went to see a harmless film (the only type of film I go to see these days) with DH (the only person I go out with these days) - Scoop. It stars Scarlett Johansson, Hugh Jackman and Woody Allen, is set in London and involves a magician. We were slightly confused to see a trailer before Scoop started for a film starring Scarlett Johansson, Hugh Jackman and Michael Caine set in London and involving a magician. We thought we had stumbled into the wrong theatre, thinking it weird that they would show a trailer for the film we were about to see. But no, that film is called The Prestige.
Anyway, Scoop is worth going to see if only for the delectable Hugh Jackman. I may go and see The Prestige for the same reason.....
********
If you read, please do leave a comment. It gives me comfort to get comments. Yes, I'm aware that I'm a pretty sad case, I haven't been pretending to be otherwise, have I? Thank you for all the supportive comments on my ongoing meltdown.
6 years ago




3 comments:
You are not a sad case. You are going through something that is incredibly difficult to come to terms with. You need to figure out how to live with what has happened and it's sooooooo hard (that is an understatement). it sucks beyond belief. And every day is an emotional rollercoaster so of course you need support from people who have been there and who truly understand - that doesn't make you a sad case! It makes you normal and human. So don't apologise for your meltdown.
Thanks for sending the link for "Letters to Charlie". I plan on listening to it and will let you know what I think. I've read some of the news links too. I'm pretty much a vegetarian already and that story is enough to make me go 100% veggie.
And the UK youth story. Doesn't thrill me since I am raising my kids in the UK! The world is just too scary.
Lastly, yes anam cara means soul friend in Irish. I thought it was a good name to use since I do feel a soul connection to bereaved parents, even when we don't know each other.
Thinking of you and sending (((hugs)))
I hope that I can find time to listed to the "letters" series. It sounds right up my alley. Though I wouldn't call myself a death-chaser or anything like that, I do feel a certain level of comfort around death. Since it fills my soul, in a way, it seems more natural that I read/listen to stories that have a death element to them. Also probably explains why I feel more comfortable at a funeral than a wedding.
Much love to you.
I'm reading, i'm thinking of you, i'm leaving a comment...and no, you are not a sad case. This grief thing is just *so* lonely...
Oh, and interesting thing -- i saw your link to the french lady, Caroline, and followed it, but quickly found i could not read. After Nicolas died i gave up on trying with the french, as much as possible given we were living in Paris. I was already so lonely and in such grief, that trying to deal with another language was simply too much. So it took me some time to be able to speak/read french again...and now i can. But i guess reading about child loss issues in french is still beyond my capabilities.
Post a Comment