My nephew, MC was born this morning, 8lbs 14 oz, alive and healthy. My SIL is also alive and healthy. When I saw them calling, I handed the phone to my mother. I was able to say congratulations to my B, albeit with tears running down my face. He is a new little person and has no baggage to carry yet. Maybe MC saw Moksha just a few moments ago from wherever his soul came.
Welcome MC.
6 years ago




7 comments:
Congratulations to your brother and SIL, and (((((((((hugs)))))))))) to you. I am sorry it is this way -- you should be rejoicing with your boy in *your* arms. But the should'ves never did any of us any good, did they?
I hope they will be gentle with you and take your lead with regards to baby pictures, baby talk, etc etc.
I'm sure that he did see Moksha--he probably patted MC on the back and wished him good luck on the way down. I imagine that my son is somewhere hanging out with my future babies and babies of people I know. Like a big brother or something. Kinda weird, but it makes me feel better :)
It's so hard when others have a baby without a hitch. It just seems like it's so easy for everyone else, you know? Please don't feel like you need to go and slobber all over this baby if you aren't ready to do it. It took me a really long time to be able to hold my nephew (he's one month older than Nate.) When I did, I got a chance to do it all alone with no one else around. I held him for three hours and just cried and cried. At the time he was young enough that he let me hold him for that long. After that, I could be around him for decent lengths of time. Now that he's walking and it's so close to Christmas, I can't be around him at all. That's just the way it is. It will probably pass, but that's the way it is right now. I guess what I'm saying is--don't feel rushed--do what you can when you're ready.
I am thinking about you. I know how difficult this is for you -- especially at this time of year, which just seems so hard in general. Sending lots of hugs....
I wish you and your family a mixed bag of congratulations. Of course this is a wonderous, joyous event. And of course it is a heavy burden on your soul right now. Be gentle with yourself and I hope that your family can be gentle with you, too.
I know that with time, you will feel nothing but love fo MC.
I know it's hard ... I'm so sorry. It can be hard to be out in public or even with family because the rest of the world doesn't realize that the world has dramatically changed!
I realize that it's of little comfort ... but those we love never do leave us. They become a part of us as we slowly learn to move forward.
Wishing you peace this Christmas.
Sending big hugs your way. I know how hard it is to welcome another new baby when yours is gone. Thinking of you.
Rosepetal, I have just Tagged you with Bugsy's 'Weird Meme'. If you've got a spare moment, and can be bothered doing it this time of year, you can check my blog for details. Take care of yourself and happy new year ***
Post a Comment