Saturday, 16 December 2006

I tested...

.....and there were no lines. At all. Not even in the fucking control window. So the test didn't work. Did I pee for too long on the stick?

Anyway after steeling myself this morning to take the test and getting a crappy non-result, I've thrown a hissy fit with.... with..... the world in general, okay? (not including you, of course). So I haven't tested again. I have to work up to steeling myself again. Who knows how long that will take? DH goes on a business trip on Tuesday until Friday. I'm not sure I'll test if he isn't here.

So status: 31 days since LMP, no AF, no BFP and no BFN either. I wasn't charting my temperature and so I don't know how many DPO I am really*.

Don't worry, I'm not going to write about this stuff every TTC month. It would get very old very quickly, for you and me.

*That sure is a lot of abbreviations. For the uninitiated:
LMP = last menstrual period
AF = Aunt Flo or menstrual period
BFP = big fat positive (on a pregnancy test)
BFN = big fat negative (on a pregnancy test)
DPO = days past ovulation
TTC = trying to conceive.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We saw EWCM so we BD'd and at 9 DPO i POAS and we got a BFP!"

I knew i was in trouble the day i read something very similar to that somewhere and understood it completely....

I would say, see if you can get your money back for the test. Or have them exchange it for a new one ;) How long are your cycles, usually?

Anonymous said...

Ok i see the answer to my cycle question in the post below. That's what i get for not reading them all first ;)

Clare said...

Yes Kate, I also lol that I could understand all those abbreviations. I would also get my money back on the faulty test and retest tomorrow. and fingers crossed when you do retest. goodluck!!

Laura said...

Okay, I could only figure out half of what Kate said!

Well, it wasn't negative, just a dud test, so there's still hope!

delphi said...

Kate made me laugh - I can read gibberish, too!

And they should refund your money or give you a new test! Have you tried peeing in a disposable cup and dipping the stick? I found that to be a more reliable method.

Rosepetal said...

Well, in the instructions it says

"No line in the control window? You fucked up by not using the test properly. You didn't hold it pointing down like we said, or you didn't pee on it properly. You're obviously worse than one of those fools we designed our fool proof instructions for. We recommend that you follow the instructions more carefully, dumbwit. Don't even think about thinking about asking for a refund."

Okay, I'm paraphrasing a little bit. But that's the gist of it.

It does say try peeing in a cup and dipping the stick in it (FOR NO LONGER THAN 20 SECONDS OR YOU'RE A FOOL TWICE OVER). So I'll try that.... some time.

whatthef*ck said...

oh darlin' i've been away from blgoland trying to finish a project and i can see that you've been needing some support. it seems you've been slapping yourself all over the room, as an ex-therapist of mine used to say to me quite frequently. "pathetic human being?" don't worry you won't bore us, or you, with describing your TWW angst? honey i can't imagine the smorgasboard of emotions that might be running through you as you deal with your first try at getting pregnant again!! a normal, first-timer TWW is angst-filled as it is os easy to get attached and caught up in it. but for you? i can't fathom how hard it must be. and on top of it all, you're not supposed to be doing this. you should have a 4-month-old baby right now.

try, try, try to be kind to yourself. you blog about TWW all you want, every second of it if that's what you need to vent/share about. i'm here for you and so are many others. that's the sole purpose of some blogs and understandably so. it's such a rollercoaster. and you're having to do this again. that would be causing me some major resentment.

i wonder also if you aren't feeling a little frustrated with your own reactions to the TWW and imagining that we will feel the same way. how could you not be completely caught up in this? it doesn't even seem possible to me. and then you got up the nerve to take the damn test and it didn't work. that's almost slightly comical in its sheer horrendousness. do you have another one? can you test and find out and get it the hell over with? of course your cycles are funky right now so who knows what's going on in there. ugghh. i so feel for you and the hell you must be going through. sorry i've been away.

oh and please don't ever worry about making me cry. i'm referring to your post and my comment about moksha's story part 3. i am glad that i had a good cry and that your "story" touched me so deeply. whatever depths of angst or rage or grief you need to relay, i would never shy away from it or be unable to deal. i might not know the right thing to say but i for one will always be glad that you said it.

hang in there and go pee on another stick already.