Le Chagrin (patinated bronze). This picture doesn't really do it justice, as I took it with a flash.

Chrysler building & Grand Central Station

The Village and I, Marc Chagall, MoMA

The small lake where Moksha's ashes were scattered (picture taken on the same day).

We go there quite often - probably 2-3 times per month. We usually take a flower for him. I don't always cry there. At first I didn't feel like I had a relationship with this place, but now I'm starting to feel that I do. I'm about to start making an album for Moksha - we've bought the album and I've got copies of the pictures, but I'm hesitating about giving him his own special album or just including him in a family album since he will always be part of my family.
Whenever we go up to the lake, for example, I take a few more pictures. I need to create memories of my life with Moksha. Does that make sense? I think I will put pictures in the album of moments when I think of him or when I want to include him, of his family, of where we're living etc. What I'm trying to say is that there will be future pictures in his / the album as well.




6 comments:
I feel more at home at the cemetery than other places, sometimes. You wouldn't expect that. I love to spend a warm summer afternoon there. I walk through the rows and read the names, pausing to connect with those mothers who buried their babies 50 or more odd years ago. It is my place to feel at home and feel like I am spending time with C.
I have also created a memory album for C. I put in anything from when I was pregnant, and anything that makes me think of him since his death. My therapist has mentioned many times how important it can be to "create" memories - and that it is a right and good thing to do, if it helps you connect to your child. So, No. I don't think it is strange to do that... I think it is normal.
Beautiful photos.
Rosepetal,
I have often thought about the sculpture ever since you first described it and I have tried to picture it many times. Thank you for sharing the photo. It is beautifully sad.
Thank you for posting the picture of le Chagrin...yes it is beautiful and so sad. Very perfect...
Rosepetal,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comment.
She was/is truely beautiful.(thank you)More so than I ever imagined.(so much hair) :)
We haven't been to pick up Makenzie's ashes yet. I say it is because of my dh's schedule, but I wonder if something more subconscious than that.
Thank you for posting the picture of your sculpture. It's so beautiful.
That picture of the lake is beautiful. It looks very peaceful. And the sculpture is just beautiful also. I see why you were so drawn to it.
Post a Comment