Delphi told me that two week wait was indescribable hell, and she was right!
The fact that googling early pregnancy symptoms comes up with lists which are remarkably similar to premenstrual symptoms does not help. Every day I go from thinking, "yep that could be an early pregnancy symptom" to "no, AF is definitely on her way." Make that several times a day.
Exhibit 1: My boobs hurt, but they don't hurt all the time. PG or AF?
Exhibit 2: I think I'm peeing more often. PG or just drinking more because the central heating kicked in?
Exhibit 3: I felt dizzy a few days ago. PG or AF (c.f. last time)?
Exhibit 4: I'm pretty tired in the mornings. PG or still grief-tiredness? or just going to bed too late?
etc. etc. etc.
And this is only the first TWW! I am officially a pathetic human being.
6 years ago




8 comments:
Sometimes I hate being right ;).
The worst is when you get to do that TWW over, and over, and over...
Here's hoping that you are one of the lucky ones and only have to survive it once!
I also hope you are one of the lucky ones. Still keeping my fingers crossed. (((hugs)))
I hope you are one of the lucky ones too!
I will tell you that in my case, 'early pg symptoms' mean NOTHING. I mean, i have had them so strongly and been SO sure i was pg i was completely floored when the test was negative. I have not had them and been pg. I have had them and been pg. There is no seeming correlation whatsoever -- i eventually realized that for me, they are just totally psychosomatic. And, omg, if you are charting that can just make it worse. Case in point -- in early august i had the most pg-looking chart and the most early pg symptoms you have ever seen. Zippo. In october, NOTHING -- i didn't bother to test until AF was like 2 days late, i was so sure there was nothing. and i'm carrying twins, go figure.
Which means the best thing to do is to ignore them all entirely! Good luck on that one, never managed it myself LOL
PS. as long as you are not actively posting on your 'due date club' at babycenter *before you even get a BFP* you don't count as a pathetic human being
Notice i didn't say 'lurking', i said 'actively posting'....though i stay away from the fluff at babycenter for the most part, it would drive you mad.
Good luck Rosepetal!
I think the symptoms sound optimistic but play worst case scenario, just in case :)
Thinking of you!
Oh Jeez...are we in the same boat or what? I constantly have pregnancy symptoms..especially the sore boob thing. My boobs were never, ever sore unless I was pregnant until this last thing. Now they're sore all the time, which is really weird. So, it's taken me a few cycles and a whole lotta pee sticks to realize just what Kate said--early pg symptoms mean nothing. I'm in the middle of my TWW right now, too. I'm trying really hard to ignore everything and not test until after Christmas. It sucks. Blech.
Thanks for your good wishes ladies.
Kate - to be honest I had never heard of due date clubs before I started blogging. But since I now consider myself naive because I thought I couldn't not have a live baby at the end of a pregnancy, I could NEVER join a due date club before even knowing I was pregnant! Isn't that what TTC boards are for? Although I'm not a member of one of those either. I think I will just remain a blogger.
Laura - hoping with you, trying not to hope with you too.
When I was in the TWW wait I would lose my mind. The TWW sucks big time. But was also one who could not resiting peeing on a stick. So at about 9 DPO I would start testing even though I knew I would get a BFN. My fingers and toes are crossed for you.
Post a Comment