Tuesday, 8 May 2007

It's over

Trisomy 21 confirmed today with heart defect confirmed at the ultrasound yesterday - holes in the walls between both the atria and both the ventricles.

It's a boy. His name is A.

26 comments:

Catherine said...

{sigh} I'm so very sorry.

Laura said...

Oh Rosepetal, I'm so sorry.

The Goddess G said...

I am so very sorry.
~Carole

Sara said...

Oh, I am so sorry, Rosepetal. So very sorry.

Kim said...

I am so sorry for your sweet boy.

long35acre said...

Shit. That sucks. I know you were expecting it, but I know when we found out that it still was a shock. I knew but I guess in the back of my mind there was that tiny glimmer of hope that I didn't realize was there until I heard the words. :(

I'm so sorry.

kate said...

I am so very sorry ((((((hugs)))))

Anam Cara said...

Oh shit rosepetal, I am so very sorry.

Julia said...

Oh, Rosepetal. I am so so sorry...

niobe said...

This is so unfair. I'm sorry, sorry, sorry.

Anonymous said...

I am very, very sorry. Thinking of your and your little A...

Emma's Mum said...

I am heartbroken for you. Please know that we are all here for you and will hold you up during this sadness. I wish I could say something to make you feel better, but I know that is not possible. Sending you love and hugs.

whatthef*ck said...

NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.NO NO NO NO NO NO

it can't be.

how could it be?

how could this be happening to you?

what the fucking fuck?

words seem so pathetically inadequate especially when that's all i can ofer.

when the hell is your happy ending going to come? i imagine it seems awfully far away right now.

what a nightmare. what a big fat nightmare that you can't wake up from.

i wish i could help. after last summer's big fat nightmare, i stared. i stared like a wounded animal and had to force myself to move my eyes. i stared and couldnt even lick my wounds. i stared at my dahlias, they were amazingly beautiul and perfect. i listened to the garden state cd over and over; it's melancholy and comforting. i sat in my empty bathtub with my clothes and toked up. i bougt myself a barefoot dre*ams blanket and stayed wrapped in it for months.

i wish there was more that i could say. i wish i could help. what is happening to you is brutal. just brutal. i trust that you will do anything and evrything that could be in any small way comforting to you. i wish i could say something to help.

Cheek said...

Oh, I am so sorry that so much pain is being heaped upon you in such a short time. Thinking of you.

Jillian said...

I'm so, so sorry Rosepetal. (((HUGS)))

So many of us get screwed over by ridiculously slim odds that ironically I think it gives us more hope that those same odds can kick in for the good. I wish I could take some of this pain away.

M said...

Oh Rosepetal, I have no words only tears for you.
Much love to you both and your precious A.

xxxxx

Heather said...

sometimes life is just unbearably cruel.
I'm so sorry.

BasilBean said...

I wish this wasn't true.

And I also wish that there was something more that I could say, other than that I am so very sorry.

Julie said...

(((((hugs))))
I am so very very sorry.

Samantha said...

DH and I are sad for you both.
Please don't hesitate to email if you need to talk.

Jen said...

for all you are going through right now, i am so very sorry. just so very sorry.

Brenda said...

Im so sorry.
This is just shit!

Hugs
xxx

Angela said...

Oh Rosepetal. I am so, so, so very sorry. This is bloody fucking crap and I can't believe all this is happening to you and your family.

I had been repeatedly checking back to your site, hoping there would be good news.

I am so sorry.

::hugs::

Clare said...

Oh God this is so unfair. I am so deeply sorry. xxClare

Anonymous said...

I'm speechless again. I feel for you as if I were going through it again myself. I was speechless that time around, I am again for you :(

I think of you every day and wish I could do something to help you. PLEASE, email me if you need advice or just a virtual shoulder to cry on.

You know I'm here for you.

Much love and hugs to you.

mixpix said...

I am so sorry that your family is going through this.