I am back at home. A. was born at 8:04pm on 15th May and I was discharged today. DH was with me throughout. I will write a longer post on how it all happened later on. I need to write it for myself, the same way I needed to write Moksha's story.
In the meantime, thank you so much for all of your comments and emails. I have found it immensely supportive and comforting to know that you were thinking of me and that I am not alone.
Special thanks also to Kate who planted yellow pansies for V. and orange marigolds for A. I had yellow pansies flowering on my balcony for almost all of my pregnancy with V. I planted them again for him this year. The French for pansies is "pensées" which means "thoughts". When I first planted them in November or December 2005, it was because they were on sale at a local garden centre. I ended up having loads and filled pots and pots with them. They flowered until the end of June. When my mum and dad visited in mid-June for a long weekend to help us get everything ready for V., my mum tidied them all up (I was finding the bending down and/or squatting a bit troublesome at 36 weeks - another reason to be doubly impressed with Kate planting these now as she is 32 weeks pregnant with twins). They weren't specially selected to be V.'s special flower, but that's how it turned out.
When we found out A. had an increased nuchal fold, we chose a flower for him. We chose orange marigolds, called "rose d'Inde" or "rose of India" in French. Orange marigolds are also used a lot in India in all types of ceremonies and occasions, often in garlands. So I have some orange marigolds flowering on my balcony for A. It means such a lot to me that Kate planted these and the yellow pansies in her garden, in such a privileged and honoured spot around the base of Nicolas' tree. Thank you friend.
If anyone else feels like planting orange marigolds for A. in their garden, I would be truly honoured. Please send me a picture if you do.
6 years ago




23 comments:
Kate's flowers are lovely.
Sending lots of hugs to you.
Love,
Suzanne
I've been trying so hard to find the right thing to say. I just can't stop thinking about you, your husband and your boys. I even had a dream about you last night. My heart is with you always, always, always. I have wanted so much to plant something for your boys in Nate's garden and I was going to ask if that was okay. I've had my eye on some marigolds at the farmer's market--I can't wait to plant them.
Love to you...
Hugs, Rosepetal. I just bought a pack of yellow marigold seeds. I wish now that I bought orange instead.
Thinking of you.......
Connie
If I were a gardener I would go out right now and find some flowers. Instead, know that there is a glorious garden blooming in my mind just for your boys and you.
I am so sorry for all that has been, and all that will never be.
Wishing you peace,
Lori
I will email as soon as I make my trip to the garden centre.
I will think of your boys every time I see those flowers.
I am not a gardener, but I think the flowers you chose for the boys are beautiful.
I have been thinking of you all week, and especially yesterday. I am sorry.
I hope for healing and peace for you.
You've chosen such lovely flowers. I'll say a little prayer for V. & A. whenever I see them.
My thoughts are with you, DH, and your boys right now.
Kate is a truely beautiful soul. I will be honored to plant flowers for V and A in our new garden after we have moved house in June. We don't have a garden in this house. Most likely I will plant them in September ~ Spring! after the Melbourne winter is over. Much love and warm wishes to you, Rosepetal. xClare
What a lovely way to honor and remember your boys.
You are in my thoughts.
Dearest Rosepetal...
I am sending you all of love...and hugs and healing vibes. I just don't know what to say, I have no words, but to say to you how sorry I am.
I will email you with photos when I can get to the garden center and buy some lovely marigolds for you sweeties.
All love and peace-
Rosepetal,
You have been in my thoughts and my hearts so very much....
Beautiful flowers for your beautiful boys xxx
I'm so sorry to read about your losses, thinking of you and your family x
Rosepetal, My thought are continually on you and your husband.
Hubby and I are working deligently on Makenzie's garden right now, but it is in no condition for beautiful marigolds for such a cutie like A. I will definately plant some when it is ready and post some pics.
I'm sorry about all this. This is so so sad.
I'm crying for you tonight.
I just heard through Patience. I'm a stranger here. But I'm sorry, and I'm thinking of you.
Bea
I am so very sorry for your losses. My husband and I lost our little girl last June with a similar diagnosis to A's. My heart hurts for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you, Rosepetal.
Rosepetal, still thinking of you, as always. And sending loads of (((hugs))).
Holding you, your husband and your precious boys in my heart. (((hugs)))
PS I'm a terrible gardener but will endeavour to plant flowers in memory of your sweet sons when spring comes:)
I am visiting through Patience who has planted some virtual flowers in honor of your boys.
You and your husband have my deepest sympathies. It's so much for a heart to go through. I wish you stength and peace.
Dear Rosepetal, I just found your blog via Patience. I'm thinking of you and your husband and sending you my deepest condolences. May you heal from the terrible losses of this year.
You know what else is fabulous about marigolds? They are great for beneficial insects and thus help protect the plants around them.
I have been thinking of you constantly. I would be so honored to plant orange marigolds in Emma's garden. Sending you love....
I'll be getting my marigolds tomorrow and planting them on the weekend. I know they'll be beautiful in my Angel Garden, and I'll think of your sweet boys every time I see them.
Thinking of you so much...
((((HUGS))))
Post a Comment