Obviously the thyroid supplement did make me lose some weight but that has tapered off now. I had a blood test this week to see if the supplement I'm taking is the right dose. My thyroid gland hasn't finished dying and I was diagnosed whilst already pregnant, and the dose isn't stable at all yet.
We're going to start TTC again next month. It feels right to do so. That's actually another reason I want my thyroid dosage to be in order, so I don't end up lacking if I get pg. We'll be on holiday - a short week with Mum at home in the UK and a long week in Crete, somewhere DH really wanted to go and I'm okay with. We were thinking of going to Santorini but I felt a long week there would get a bit boring....Crete is bigger and there should be more to see. Neither of us are beach fanatics, so we need to see stuff.
And purely because my own Greek geography was poor before I started looking at holidays to Crete:




6 comments:
Oh Crete is wonderful! I'm so glad you and your DH are getting away together. I hope you'll return calm, happy as is possible, rested, and that the TTC goes well.
yay on the old clothes. I can't fit into most of mine still. I lost some weight, but when thyroid went hypo, it all came back. Very happy for you that you got into the old pants... Hope they get more comfortable for you soon.
Your vacation plans sound nice. I've been wanting to go to Greece or Crete for a while-- as a kid I read the myth of Ancient Greece, and have wanted to have a look around for a while, so to speak.
I hope nobody is stupid enough to tell you that you are lucky to get to go on a holiday. We went on a cruise a little less than two months after A died, and somebody told me before we left that we were lucky to get to go. I gave her a death glare and said that I wouldn't call us lucky at all, and she choke on her words. Maybe it's just me, but things like that really burn me.
Anyway, I hope this holiday is good for the two of you, and that you have a nice time with your Mom. And good luck.
Crete sounds wonderful. I am excited to hear about it. (((hugs)))
I hope you have a nice, relaxing vacation.
About the thyroid - you are staying on the meds, right? I've done a lot of reading lately on thyroid disorders because of dh and your thyroid being out of whack is not good for TTC or pregnancy. (Which I know you know but sometimes doctors do and say stupid things and we tend to believe them because they are doctors.)
Hugs..........
Yes I'm staying on the meds. As far as I know, the thyroxin pills are identical to the thyroxin your body produces and it doesn't have side effects. And if you have severe hypothyroidism, you'll probably have difficulties TTC anyway.
Have a great time on your vacation it sounds just lovely. And I want to wish you the best of luck for when you start TTC next month. And great job getting on you old clothes. Maybe by the time you start TTC they will fit you well before you start it all over again.
Post a Comment