In March I posted a news story about Sally Clark's death. Sally Clark's sons both died of cot death and she was wrongly convicted of murder, spent several years in prison before being acquitted and released. The central point of the prosecution was that a "specialist" stated that the chances of having two successive cot deaths in one family was 73 million to 1 with no statistical basis. The Royal Statistical Society came forward to say that it was more like 200 to 1. The paediatrician in question was struck off but reinstated on appeal.
A huge miscarriage of justice.
Sally was found dead in bed at her home by her cleaner in March.
Earlier this month, an inquest into Sally's death found that she had died of alcohol poisoning.
Such a tragic tragic story, of having this third nightmare of murder accusation and prison thrusted upon you after having not one but two of your babies die. I am not surprised that it was all too much for such a fragile and vulnerable person.
Sally, I hope you've found your two sons, Christopher and Harry.
6 years ago




3 comments:
My heart breaks when I hear stories of mothers suffering the horrendous misfortune of cot death being accused of harming their children. I just can't imagine what that must be like.
I often blame myself for J dying, I can only imagine as a mother Sally would have done the same, I don't know what I'd do if someone came up to me and said I'd killed him.
I hope Sally and her two boys have found peace together.
Terribly, terribly sad.
Sad. Horribly sad.
Post a Comment