Thursday, 1 November 2007

Reassurance?

One blog post a week. It has come to this.

I had my 15 week detailed ultrasound yesterday. Not only was the bean still alive, but s/he didn't present any red flags. The heart seemed to be circulating blood properly.

We opted not to have an amniocentesis.

"Are you feeling more reassured now?" asked Mum.

V. died at the end of a perfect pregnancy with no red flags for undetectable reasons. There isn't actually a point where I'm going to feel reassured.

I am going to have to inform them at work though. They might ask me about my plans. Plans! Pah! I will have to say. I don't have any plans beyond this evening.

7 comments:

Coggy said...

I'm really, really pleased for you.
I've been following your blog for a while, and have had my fingers crossed.

hugs

Clare said...

LOvely news that the Bean is doing so well. Haven't stopped sending positive thoughts your way and will continue to do so for the whole 9 months.
xx

Anam Cara said...

I am so pleased that all went well at the ultrasound. xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that the bean looks good. Lots of good thoughts your way...

phoebesmum said...

Hey Moshka

If you see my blog you will know I love quotes...this one is sent with my best wishes for you!

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many - not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some" ~ Charles Dickens.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with living in the moment, it is how many beautiful beings survive, it works for me! :)

Julia said...

Great news. Really great.

About the plans/reassurances in the later weeks of pregnancy. I don't know how they do things by where you are, but my OB has promised me 2-3 weekly appointments for NSTs and u/s to try to catch any problem that may crop up. I am not sure I will be entirely reassured by any of that, but I do expect that I will feel a little better... dunno if this helps at all.

kate said...

Good news! Well, not bad news anyway ;)

Always thinking of you...