Sorry I have been MIA for a few weeks. I am on vacation (with work laptop) until the end of the year and had a hectic time trying to get everything finished before I left.
I'm now in the UK at my mum's house and feeling low.
I had Braxton Hicks yesterday and found it quite nerve-wracking. They made me think of A's birth (the last time I had contractions) and the anguish I felt.
I have intermittent sacroiliac joint pain, sometimes so bad that I can hardly put weight on my right leg. My mum is also feeling low and we're both giving off poor vibes to each other. The last time I saw my dad alive was at Christmas last year. I'm not feeling good about spending time with my nephew or about picking up foetus-killing germs from my brother's children in general.
In general I've been working hard and now I'm on holiday I have seemingly let go to succumb / wallow in low emotional energy and self pity.
At least my mum is feeding me properly. My appetite has shot up.
6 years ago




9 comments:
Oooh, I am so sorry that the SI joint pain is bothering you so much - I had the same thing in both pregnancies. I wore a maternity support belt that I bought at a specialty store (the same place that sells support stockings for vericose veins in the elderly). It basically pulled my hips in together and kept the SI joint from getting too loose and causing pain. It worked about 70% of the time at relieving pain. Massage sometimes helped, sometimes seemed to make things too lax. If you can see a physiotherapist, it might make a difference (get some excercises - didn't help me, but some people have good luck).
As for the emotional pain - it is just so hard. I'm so sorry. The BH ctx are really hard to deal with - I had them from 16 weeks on with BB. It is terrifying.
I hope that you can find some peace over your holiday. Let your mum feed you up and enjoy each other's company.
Much love to you.
Glad to hear your mum is taking care of you. I hope you feel better. I've been feeling low myself, so I know how it colors your whole experience of the world.
Rosepetal,
I am also sorry for the sadness you are feeling...is there a nice place you and your mum can go together? Like a nature conservatory or something like that?
Funny you should mention braxton hicks and joint pain, my OB wanted to put me on bed rest! Me on bed rest with a six year old who's just sprained her ankle and has to walk around on crutches!!!
But you have to be careful so rest up, I'm trying my best but it isn't easy!
I'm going to my mums too for the holidays until the new year, i hope she has the strength to cook for me all day, I could do with some home cooking!
Sorry your feeling blue, remembering your dad at a time like this cant be easy. HUGS to you XXX
The holidays are hard and I don't think the weather here is helping either at the moment. Either snow or just be clear skies that's the way I feel at the moment.
I remember the first Christmas without my Dad, I hated it. I don't think it's been the same since and now it's really not the same.
I'm glad your Mum is feeding you well. I hope you're not working on your work laptop!
P.S. My SI pain is flaring up again!!! I was mentally feeling your pain when you posted this, now I am actually feeling your pain. Maybe my body thinks that December is when my SI joint is supposed to hurt (since it has for 2 out of the last 3 years....)
SI pain sucks! Sorry yours has flared up again Delphi. I've also had it in the past, outside of pregnancy. It's always on my right side. Mine is a little better now. Without the stress of the BH contractions, I feel like I can be a little more active.
I won't do physiotherapy (for psychological reasons - it's one of the few things that I did in the last week of my pregnancy with V along with taking an OB-prescribed antacid for heartburn. Since we don't know what happened to V, I'm never doing it again, even though I have been assured time and time again by my OB that physio couldn't possibly have caused his death unless they were massaging my belly, which they weren't. But you know how it is with the psychological reasons)
I had sciatica pain with Jacob (my second living child). Terrible heartburn with Ian. I took antacids too. One of the things I always will wonder about.....
Hugs....I haven't been around much but I keep stopping in to see how you are doing.
Connie
Oh sciatica - I thought my hips my break at times. Good news is, it is gone now. Only a lingering memory. But I am sorry you have to suffer it at all.
Post a Comment