I have been offline for a while as I've been busy at work but also because the wireless part of my wireless connection at home stopped working. So I'm typing this crouched by my broadband box, tethered by an archaic cable of all things.
This pregnancy is definitely becoming more and more stressful. I am doing my kick-counts (at the moment once a day but I would hope to go to twice a day whenever I stop working). This helps as I can objectively see no slowdown - Beanie generally takes no more than 30 minutes to make 10 movements.
Although I'm not doing formal kick counts in the morning, I do note in my head the morning movements. Some time over the last few days Beanie decided he wasn't going to systematically move anymore when I woke up and turned over in bed. This has sent me to the Doppler before 7am several times over the last few days. I have to wait at least 20 minutes after taking my thyroxine supplement in the morning before eating anything. Of course this morning as soon as I had eaten my breakfast he kicked up a storm but this was after a panic-stricken heartbeat search.
But god, this is all making for increased stress. I'm seeing my OB this afternoon and I'm going to ask her which hospital I should go to in a mad panic at the moment. The clinic where I would deliver if we make it to the end is not one that can deal with premature babies, so until 36 weeks I would have to go to the main state hospital which is the best equipped but further away or one other hospital which is closer but smaller.
And of course, I am only on a journey which is taking me closer and closer to where everything went wrong with V. I really feel the pressure of being the only person who could (and didn't with V until it was too late) detect slowed down movement. It is ultimately my responsibility and I failed V. I waddled to the goddam cinema in a heatwave the night before he died whilst he was probably already in trouble.
I am in no way psychologically preparing myself for bringing a live baby home but that's okay with me.
I'm also a little overworked at the moment and will have to tell my boss on Monday that I need to cut back - cutting back in this case means I will have to start leaving work at 6pm instead of 8pm or I'm pretty sure that my OB will reduce my working hours on medical orders sooner rather than later. I am beginning to feel the fatigue. I had to organise and run an all day workshop on Monday which saw me putting in a 12 -13 hour day at work and going into the office on Saturday to print swathes of documents for the participants. That's what I need to cut back on.
I also haven't been reading much recently, so off to check some fellow bloggers updates.




8 comments:
Wow you are working hard. I hope that they let you cut down your hours soon. You're right you just don't need to be doing so much now.
I think I'm going to drive myself insane with the kick counts/doppler business. It must be good to have the doppler though. Reassuring.
What did we do before wireless? I take it so much for granted now!
It is stressful. I wish I had some good advice to reduce the stress, but I couldn't figure out how either. I think I ended up at L&D twice with Kam because I didn't feel him. Of course, he'd always kick a storm the minute I'd be hooked up to the monitors. The nice thing is that they never made me feel stupid or as if I was wasting their time. They were very compassionate. I hope you don't have any panic L&D visits, but if you do, don't feel badly about it. You need to do what you know is right for you.
That is alot of working! Yuck!
When are they going to start you on weekly NST's? This helped my stress level alot. Not that the stress goes away but at least i felt like i wasn't the *only* one in charge of monitoring *all the time*.
thinking of you as always Rosepetal, take care :) XXX
Time to look after yourself and Beanie my friend - I can only imagine the stress you're going through and work would not be helping...
Much love to you x
ooof. I always feel thrown back to the stone age when my home connection stops working for some reason.
I hope they realize they need to give you a break at work. And if not, medical reduction of hours sounds like just the thing.
I, too, hope your NSTs and BPPs start soon, and you begin to feel less fully responsible. Go, Beanie, go!
The stress really does sound unbearable. Is there a plan for what to do as your pregnancy progresses -- for example, for more frequent testing or an induced delivery at some point (if that's what you and your doctor want)?
Niobe - yes, delivery will be induced between week 36 and week 38depending on the baby's health and my stress levels. I already see my doctor every two weeks and sometimes a foetal specialist in between those appointments for growth checks. My OB even said I could be admitted early so that I could be monitored daily as we get to the last weeks - not sure if that will actually help the stress though.
Post a Comment