I had a good check-up yesterday evening now my doctor is back from holiday, where we discussed potential induction dates, delivery methods and strategies, the risk of wet lungs at birth, the risk of failed induction leading to C-section, monitoring frequency going forward etc. I'm having weekly appointments from now on, which was the OB's own proposition.
I had a foetal heart-rate monitoring session yesterday afternoon which was fine and have also re-done the 1 hour glucose test as a double-check since I failed it the first time. If I fail it again then I have to do the 3 hour test again.
My OB reiterated that none of the dates we have discussed are rigid, but we have agreed on something tentative. I was wondering about how I would react to having a date as I had my induction date for V. and he didn't make it to that date despite passing u/s and heart-rate monitoring with flying colours three days before he died. The date wasn't something I was feeling necessarily relieved about getting. But overall I think I am feeling OK about it.
Since I am taking 100mg of aspirin every day, and we decided not to start LMWH shots, I had figured: no epidural possible. It takes 10 days for the aspirin to get out of your system and I didn't want to stop taking the only anti-coagulant I am taking at the end when it's the time of highest need. I also didn't want any risk of spinal cord bruising due to extra bleeding in the "blind" space that anaesthetists have to use for epidurals. And since I had epidurals with both V. and A. I was thinking that this birth could be different by not having one. (Obviously I hope the prime difference will be something else).
My OB is quite pro-epidural though. She would prefer that I had an option to have one even though I may not want or need one. She suggested that I switch to the LMWH ten days before delivery as that only needs to be stopped the night before, to leave my options open. As I type this, I couldn't help thinking, "and if Beanie dies and I'm delivering another dead child then probably I would want another epidural anyway." So we'll see what we decide.
*******
My husband and I slept in separate beds yesterday. It was planned! We are both keeping each other awake - I wake him up every night by turning over in bed, getting up to go to the loo sometimes several times, getting up because of general insomnia. He wakes me up every night by rolling himself completely in the duvet without me and because he sets his alarm at 6:30am every day for work. So we tried sleeping separately - and although I hate to admit it, we both slept much better. I only got up once for a loo run and slept pretty much the rest of the night.
But it won't be a permanent arrangement - every now and then to catch up sleep but not every night.
6 years ago




6 comments:
We slept seperately through the last 2 months of C's pregnancy so I could sleep on a partially deflated air mattress (helped with the SI pain). I didn't want to be away from my husband in BB's pregnancy, so we switched to a 50mm memory foam on our normal mattress. The main difference was that we slept better with C's pregnancy (not inturrupting each other), but had each other's comfort in BB's pregnancy. Sleeping apart is good for the rest, but you miss each other....
Glad to hear you have a tentative plan. I hope the date is a positive that you can look forward to.
We slept separately too towards the end. It was so warm at night and my legs used to ache so much in my thighs that i needed the bed to myself. I used to sleep so much better too.
Wow 32 weeks, that seems to have snuck up. I think a tentative plan is a good thing to have. Your OB sounds really nice I'm glad that she is trying to keep as many options open as possible for you.
hehe - i do that too!
wow 32 weeks. cant wait to hear about beanie's safe arrival. its time you added some sweet to your bitter. meaning its time to mix some joy in wituh all that agony. not that there wont still be tremendous pain. i hope it doesnt make you angry that i assume your baby will live. i get how falling on the wrong side of the odds shatters any belief that it wont always happen. anyway just wanted to say something. i read your blog and dont comment much because i cant think of something good to say. its just unfrigginbeleivable what you and your family have been through. you especially. your beanie is going to live. shit i did it again.
So many decisions for you to make. Hope its not all to hard and things just go like clock work.
Great that all the monitoring is going well.
Hugs
xxx
www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com
Post a Comment