Friday, 14 March 2008

Some good news

Beanie has apparently unravelled the cord from his neck! Whereas last time it was clearly visible around his neck via Doppler blood flow vision, this time it just wasn't there anymore.

I definitely wasn't expecting that news this morning. Assuming he doesn't get tangled up again, I am feeling much better about inducing vag.inal delivery at 37 weeks (close monitoring to continue of course).

He also has a head of hair, like V had, that is visible on the ultrasound. Current weight estimated at 2.65kgs or 5.8lbs.

15 comments:

kate said...

EXCELLENT! Good boy!

Those babies, they sure know how to scare us, eh?

delphi said...

This is why I shouldn't read blogs at work - I am near tears. Happy tears, of course. Now, I want the time to speed along to that 37 week induction date!

Anonymous said...

ooof, thank gawd! as you say, lets hope he doesn't tangle himself up again! What an acrobat ;)

XXX

Kendra's mom said...

Yay!! Every time I check your blog I hold my breath. Go Beanie!! Stay away from that cord now, you hear!

Anonymous said...

Wahoo! That's just wonderful.

Coggy said...

I'm so pleased Rosepetal. *Exhale*
That's the best news I've heard for a while x x x

CLC said...

That's excellent news. So happy to hear that.

rella12 said...

triple yay! such great news, bring on the hopefest...

wannabe mom said...

that is incredibly good news. thank you for the update.

Kim said...

That must be one smart boy you've got there! I am glad to hear the good news. Let's hope it stays that way.

long35acre said...

That is great! I know that doctors hate when moms can see cords around the body on an ultrasound because it can change and unwrap and wrap and unwrap, etc. so easily. I'm glad that your little guy is behaving and hanging low!
Connie

AJW5403 said...

What great news!!!

whatthef*ck said...

yay!!!!! yay for good news! perhaps a moment of peace for you? a glimmer of hope? meant to ask if you had photos taken. my last pregnancy was terrifying but the photos are just so beautiful. i'm so glad i captured a fleeting moment of joy.

Angela said...

Woohoo! Thank god. It is so good to hear good news. I hope you can breathe a bit easier now.

Brenda - you can now find me at : www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com said...

Fantastic news!!!!!
Fingers crossed bub stays away from the cord! :)

Hugs
xxx

www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com