Today is my Dad's barsi - a Hindu death rite done 11 - 12 months after death. I obviously cannot be there but my brother is in the UK with my mum and some of Dad's friends and the new priest. (The other priest has apparently regained consciousness but we don't know how he is really doing as his family want to keep the whole thing very private).
It really does not seem at all like almost one year since Dad died. Beanie will have my Dad's name as his second name. My Dad had a pretty old-fashioned name. It seems also fitting as V's second name was that of his paternal grandfather. So there is a little extra link there between the oldest and the youngest brother.
I think my Dad's absence will hit me again with full force when Beanie is born and he isn't there.
************
Beanie is still okay as of this morning. He still hasn't wrapped himself up in the cord again. Estimated weight is now 2.73kgs although my OB said that what's important now is gestational age and not so much the weight.
I had monitoring on Monday and on Wednesday, an u/s today and will have monitoring on Saturday, on Tuesday and probably on Thursday and a detailed ultrasound on Friday. Then we are at 37 weeks and we'll see what happens.
Nothing is prepared in the room designated as baby room and that is fine with me. I am just focusing on the next few days and not beyond that. It's all I am really capable of doing. We did manage to buy a onesie for Beanie of his own but I only did that by saying to myself that he could use it no matter what happened. Also bought some baby detergent to wash it in but I haven't actually washed it yet.
Please please let him make it through the next few days and delivery.
************
For those who are lucky enough to have Good Friday and Easter Monday as bank holidays (which includes me) I hope you have a restful few days!
6 years ago




14 comments:
Thinking about you. I realize that I can't begin to imagine the level of stress you must be feeling.
Hig hugs to you. I know how much stress you are under right now. But it is almost over!
standing by for the news of beanie's safe arrival.
I have been reading your blog for a few months. So thinking of you and waiting for your little Beanie to arrive. I hope the time moves quickly for you.
Glad to hear all is still OK with the cord. Hugs to you! Not long now...
I'm so thankful he's free of the cord still. I am waiting and hoping. It really won't be long at all now.
I have been thinking about you and Beanie. Sounds like good news is just around the corner. I'll be anxiously waiting for it.
Have a great Easter break yourself, thinking of you and Beanie :) Hang in there, you're doing well! XXX
I've been checking in every day...Oh, it's so close! Sending you and Beanie lots of love.
I cannot fathom the anxiety you must feel at this point. I'm thinking of you and Beanie as his due date draws closer. I wish you some respite from all this worry and fear...
I think about you a lot and it drives me crazy that I haven't been able to be online to check in on you and Beanie. I'm hoping that the days go quickly for you and that before you know it you will be holding your kicking and cooing boy in your arms. I'm sending much love to you.
36 weeks. I've got all my fingers crossed for you.
Hi there, I just found your blog via the m/c, stillbirth and loss blog directory. I am so sorry for your losses. I too made the difficult decision to end a pregnancy (lethal anomoly) and haven't found many similar experiences online.
Wishing you a safe and healthy delivery of your little one,
J
I am thinking of you this week as you close on the magic 37 week dateline.
Hope today is a restful day for you and the rest of the week is not too stressful.
Post a Comment