Inspired by all you crafty types in the blogosphere, I am intending to knit the sweater on page 9 of this catalogue for Beanie (sorry couldn't find the pattern in English).
It's a very very long time since I knitted anything - in fact I was a young slip of a girl when I last knitted a sweater. I'm going to have to learn some new French vocabulary to do this one. And I just had to remind myself how to cast on by checking some Youtube videos.
The wool is lovely, but expensive. Stupidly I didn't ask the price of the wool before buying it - and the total came to more than I would have spent on an actual readymade sweater for Beanie. Hopefully this will make me more determined to finish it.
In fact that is also why I am admitting to knitting it here. So I will be ashamed not to finish it. Feel free to shame me by asking in.... ummm.... a month's time? And if I do finish it, who knows what I may knit next - maybe something useful for someone else?
Knitting is indeed therapeutic and may help to make me less angry all the time (see last post).
I never learned to crochet in my youth for some reason, so that is still a total mystery to me.
6 years ago




5 comments:
Rosepetal - sorry to use your comments to get in touch with you, but I've sent you an email courtesy of Glow in the Woods and we're all quite breathlessly awaiting to hear from you - I don't mean to nag but I thought I should check in just in case I'd landed in your spam folder, since I've never been in touch and your inbox may have not liked all my talk of nigerian banking and erectile turbo-boosting. Could you get in touch? We've got a proposition for you, and time is of the essence. Thanks! :)
We must have the same vibes...I just got out my grandmothers sewing machine and sewed a hat for A...it's the first time I have sewed since I was 11.
I hope you enjoy it! Can't wait to see pics.
I hope the knitting is therapeutic for you. And, oh well, if you don't finish it. No shame here.
That is a really cute pattern! And doesn't look too hard...and yeah, most hand-knit stuff costs more than just *buying* one. Even if you buy carefully & buy yarn on sale & etc.....sigh. But there's nothing like the bragging rights of making it yourself!
By the way, you should join Ravelry, I found that it helped my motivation a lot. Of course you spend hours looking on there when you could be knitting, but...also maybe check if your yarn store has a 'knitting circle' or something, some night when you can go there *by yourself* & knit with other people. I really really am going to try to go to mine this week....really.
I hope one day I will learn to knit or crochet... some people have two left feet, I think I have toes for fingers. *roll eyes*
I hope it will be therapeutic AND fun for you... many people ard me knit, and seem to have a whale of a time with it!
Post a Comment