I'm angry at DH for never managing to be at home on time (and therefore missing spending any time with Beanie). He always seems to manage to take a one hour lunch break but also always manages to miss his train home. He does precious little housework and whines about how he needs to do other activities. Umm, yes, like why don't you use the FREE gym at your WORKPLACE at LUNCHTIME instead of taking an hour for lunch to CHITCHAT with your colleagues everyday. You could do it twice a week. Fuck, when I was working, I almost never took more than twenty minutes for lunch as I was BUSY. I always had lunch. But I did it QUICKLY.
Today I was randomly mad at a woman whose house we went to view a year and a half ago. She asked me if I was pregnant (I wasn't). Stupid rude woman. I found myself thinking about how I should have said, "No, are you? Because you look like you have FAT BELLY." I have no idea why I was wasting emotional energy on some random stranger but there you have it.
One person I am never mad at is Beanie. He is definitely teething and has painful gums, poor lamb. In less than a month I will be giving him his first meal of a spoonful of pureed carrots. Makes me feel strange that he will no longer be relying solely on stuff my body produces for him.
[photo removed]




5 comments:
No wonder you are angry, with the lack of support you seem to be getting. And those idiotic questions, urgh!
It can be overwhelming, running a one-woman show. I hope things improve soon.
And, I finally get to see a picture of Beanie, yeah! He's adorable, and looks like a big boy!
Don't worry, even after he starts solids, he will think 'breast is best' My neighbor still grabs his mom's boobs and nurses once or twice a day - at 17 months. And he eats every food pt before him- but mom is best.
I guess you and your DH need to have a talk. You should get some time off - like an evening every now and then. Is there a "moms day out" program near you, you could do a yoga or swimming class.
MY POV is that you both have full time jobs, and house chores still need divided. Maybe he just doesn't stop to think about it, and needs a little nudge.
He is so beautiful!
What ya chun said. It is exceedingly frustrating when the dh doesn't end up spending any time with the baby (or babies, in my case). Mine comes home late & goes to work on the roof. I can't complain about that because he is doing it for *us* but it is very frustrating to be always 100% caregiver. A break, mentally, helps alot...i imagine.
I second what everyone said here. It's frustrating. And you have every right to feel the way you do.
Beanie looks so grown up already! Cutie pie.
Ya chun, I am planning to start weaning Beanie soon, on to a mix of some formula and some breast milk and then if necessary no breast milk, as I want my cycles to come back. I plan to be done with breastfeeding by the end of the year max.
Post a Comment