Monday, 26 January 2009

No Dancing

So I admit that I sometimes stalk Ya.hoo An.swers and answer questions on pregnancy, kick counts and the like.

Yesterday I came across a question, just a few hours old, entitled "Stillbirth, please just some advice."

I answered it. Matthew died following a cord accident just five days ago. I imagine his parents still in utter shock wondering how life can ever continue, how the sun still rises and sets. I remember what it feels like.

And then today, I had an email from Yah.oo Ans.wers saying:

"Congratulations, you've got a best answer and 10 extra points!
Your answer to the question really hit the spot and has been chosen as the best answer. Go ahead, do your victory dance. Celebrate a little. Brag a little. Then come back and answer a few more questions!"

Ummm, yeah. Victory dance indeed.

4 comments:

Catherine said...

*sigh* I'd laugh at the sick humor of it all...if it weren't just so sad.

Anonymous said...

The reply from ya.hoo was utterly inappropriate but obviously not a surprise.

Kudos to you for reaching out to this family...and God help them to get through the looming insensitivity of others.

Laura said...

Jesus.

But I agree with Kathy...knowing you, I'm sure that your answer was a big comfort to this family :)

CLC said...

I am glad you were able to give advice that was useful. I hate those programmed answers from Yahoo and the such. It's funny, in a sick way that only those of us who have been through it can laugh at.