Saturday, 24 January 2009

Time passes

[photo removed]

Here's a picture of Beanie from a week or so again. He's big isn't he? Ten months old next week.

And on the same day, V would have been 2 and a half.

Last week a friend, M, and her son T came over for a little while. T is one week older than V. I visited M and T in hospital two days before V's due date. The maternity wing reception were confused as they thought I had come in to give birth.

I never never would have thought that I would have been able to spend any sort of time with T. He is exactly how V would have been. Beanie and T together - they were just the perfect age gap. But I didn't even find it hard. Oh, I thought about it, but it just wasn't gut wrenching. I have come to a point where T is T and V is V and they are so clearly not the same person.

When M found out V had died, she told me that her previous pregnancy had ended for unknown reasons at 20 weeks. I didn't know that - we had met up for lunch several times during our pregnancies and I didn't know that. It was a girl, K.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's cute as ever! Isn't it amazing what you find out about other people? That's what I try to remind myself...we never know what other folks have been through.

Cathy said...

Beanie is growing so fast...I am sure you look at him at times and are amazed. I am happy that you are able to separate your feelings for V with your friend's child T. Different children, both loved but in different places. Glad you have been able to find a peace in what is.

Wabi said...

Oh, he is so freakin' cute, that little guy of yours ...

I'm glad you could hang with M&T and not be completely overshadowed by thoughts of V.

Ya Chun said...

cutie!

delphi said...

He's beautiful.

I get where you're coming from.

Hugs.

Julia said...

What a beauty!
And it's good to hear you are able to spend time with your friend and her son.

Artblog said...

Adorable!

People always come out of the woodwork when you open up to them, I've noticed that too.

HUGS

diana said...

Wow! What a little man! Wow! Breathtaking...