Tuesday, 5 January 2010

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to anyone who might still be reading here. Since I last posted, several things happened:

We moved house on 12th December - pretty hectic and stressful but we managed it, and getting our flat cleaned up and ready to give the keys back by 15th December.

A week after moving, we spent two weeks in the UK, with my mum, my brother and SIL, my niece and nephew. It's the longest time I ever spent with my nephew who turned three two days before Christmas. It was okay and I didn't find that I was constantly comparing him to what should have been with V. (I did do that a few times throughout the two weeks though). Beanie had a great time playing with his cousins. My mum took at least a week to understand that the same standards of cleanliness and tidiness just can't be maintained when eight people are in the house as when there is one, but overall she enjoyed our visit.

I turned 37 on 3rd January (sniff). It was actually a pretty crappy day.

We had our 20 week check up today (actually 21 weeks) and all was okay. I can feel movements now although clearly from the ultrasound pics I know I can't feel all of them. I will start my kick counts in a few weeks.

We found out today that it's a girl!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on a girl! And Happy Birthday. Glad to hear you're doing well.

Catherine said...

awwww! a girl!

Angela said...

I used to read you all the time, but I've been a way for a while. I'm happy to see you have good news. Very happy. =)

diana said...

Wow!
You and Niobe are tandeming!!!
All the best for this 2010!

ninibeans said...

Congratulauions! I'm glad all is well...and a daughter, how wonderful! Happy Birthday too!

JMB said...

So happy to hear that things are going well-and pink can be a lot of fun!

Clare said...

oh my, oh my, a wee little girl. aaaahhh...

CLC said...

Happy belated b-day! And a girl! How exciting! Finally, congrats on the house! Lots of stuff going on with you right now!

Julia said...

A girl! I remember you saying with Beanie that you must only make one kind of baby. I guess not. :)

Sorry about a crappy day for birthday. But congrats on the house. So much happening-- exciting, but must be exhausting. Do you get to have any time for yourself?

kate said...

Oooh a girl! I'm so excited! Congratulations!

And Happy Birthday...mine's in a few days.