Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Back from the dead

I've not been posting much or even commenting much, but I still read.

I just watched this video whilst browsing the online news and at the moment of reunion I dissolved into sudden tears. For a mother to be given back her child after grieving her death must be the most wondrous thing.

Child's Eye: Congo's children, back from the dead

There are other videos on the same page from Save The Children showing children who were not so lucky.

I find that I am always so deeply touched by any story of a child suffering, or being separated from its family. It's that betrayal of innocence, it's so difficult. I become an emotional mess eading news stories like this to the extent that sometimes I have to just avoid them.

The bond between Beanie and I feels so very strong. He is my life. If someone were to deliberately hurt him, I would be transformed into a lioness. And I so wish I could have experienced this with V as well.

1 comments:

CLC said...

I feel the same way. In fact I get so emotional that I tend to avoid the news altogether.