I had a checkup on Friday, after a 3 week gap between checkups. I was getting a bit anxious and had a couple of times during that period where I was convinced that Coccinelle hadn't moved for a long time and I broke out the home Doppler. One of those times was at 4am.
But so far so good. Coccinelle did acrobatics for us to see on our OB's ultrasound machine and even yawned on camera. Once again the OB said, "there's absolutely no doubt it's a girl!" Her diaphragm was in place, her stomach was below her heart, her heart had four nice chambers, her bladder was full, her face showed no cleft palate or related issues, she had grown according to dates etc. etc.
We're going to switch to check-ups every two weeks now. Next one will be at the specialist and then again with my OB. At that point we will discuss steroids for Coccinelle's lungs and after that the non-stress tests will start.
Relations with DH have been pretty low over the last week and the weekend has been full of stress and hostility. I try to save most of mine for after Beanie has gone to bed. The majority of the arguments are boring, centred around cleaning (or lack thereof) the house, cooking meals (or lack thereof) and generally being efficient (or being inefficient). The arguments were centred around this when I was pregnant with V as well. With Beanie, there were fewer arguments and I felt very well supported from a psychological point of view. This time, not so much. I know I am sweating small stuff when I should know better.
6 years ago




2 comments:
Big smile for a good checkup!
Yeah, it's hard not to sweat the small stuff, though. That's always what we end up fighting about too. And when you are already stressed about being pg, the small stuff sets you off even more than it should. I think it's unavoidable. Also, the husbands should have the sense to take this into consideration when dealing with us! Of course, most of the time they don't....
You know I made Scoot get the doppler out EVERY morning before he went to work and sometimes when he got home. You just do whatever gets you through the day I say.
Glad all is going well.
Hope things on the home front get better.
Hugs
xxx
Post a Comment