I have finally got the kick count charts I used for Beanie printed out, with my anally retentive spreadsheet all set up to start creating graphs. Kick counts start tonight.
I believe that my OB thinks this is not useful and will stress me more, but on this one point she doesn't understand that it stresses me less to monitor the movements. I never want to be in that position again, where I say, "can you tell when it happened?" and they say, "well when was the last time you felt the baby move?" and I say, "I don't know."
6 years ago




4 comments:
I find it odd that your OB thinks it isn't useful & will stress you more? I mean, that is really odd.
OTOH i am impressed that you have them in a spreadsheet & graphs! Mine were always little ticks in margins on a calendar.
I am not yet doing kick counts. But I don't think an hour passes without me pointing my awareness to that part of my anatomy. I don't feel as much need to write it all down (do you remember how anal my last kick counts were? Maybe not... I was crazy anal), but I sure as hell will be able to answer that terrible question if ever faced with it again.
I bought baby clothes yesterday.
See how optimistic I am?
((hugs))
I really dreaded doing the kick counts, but one has to do what feels best to oneself.
Hang in there, I'm thinking of you. xo
I never did 'kick counts' with Zak. I mean, why would I. Never thought something could go wrong.
When pg with G though (very early on) I found a story on 'kick counts'.
They SAVED me BIG TIME while pg with Georgia. I did them from earlier on than the story had said. As soon as I could feel her move i started them. They really did make me feel so much better.
I told my Ob I was doing them and he said that they were a great idea but not something thats big in Australia. Most people I know didnt know what I was talking about when I told them about my chart. lol
Hope they help calm you.
Hugs
xxx
Post a Comment