I had another checkup on Monday. All still seems okay. I have an appointment in mid-March for lung maturation steroid shots - this time as a walk in appointment on two successive days. For Beanie I stayed in overnight mostly so that they could monitor his heart rate but mostly so they could monitor my stress levels.
I've also dropped down a day at work, so am only working 40% instead of 60%. That's one of the advantages in this country - you take sick leave until your maternity leave if you're getting tired in late pregnancy. You just need a note from your doctor. There do need to be some family advantages here, it's the only country I know of where you end up paying more tax on a double income if you get married than if you had just stayed unmarried in the same household.
My mum is here at the moment. DH went on a business trip to a north-eastern African country more associated with the word genocide than business trip. He'll be back on Friday. I find my mum somewhat diminished in self-confidence and basically think this is down to getting used to living on her own. The longer she spends on her own the harder it will be for her to adjust if she ever comes to live with us.
I'm also not the most patient person, except with Beanie where I have reams of patience. With other people, well of course they're all fools (= JOKE!!!)
The car show is on again. My dad always wanted to go and we never made it with him.
6 years ago




2 comments:
closer is good!
I'm sorry your dad never made it to the car show...it's funny how these little things remind us of those we have lost.
So glad all is well.
So jealous of your country. Here we are made to feel like failures if we need help. Alas.
Post a Comment