I had to take my ticker down as it was showing some page holder from the website I got it from, which was far too fluffy bunny. But I'm at 30 weeks now, almost 31. It's not really sinking in that potentially there might be a baby in 6-8 weeks time. Next week is steroid injections. Then maybe my OB will talk induction dates?
Beanie loves reading the book about new baby but doesn't seem to want to know the actual baby. This morning he wanted to hide under my duvet but I was there with the bump and he got upset and said "No baby, no baby". He didn't want the baby to be hiding there with him. It's hard to know how much he understands. I feel sad for him that an era of his life might be coming to an end - sad in a good way of course. He's certainly not the first kid who will go through this. Still, his life will be turned upside down, poor lamb.
In the end I have to face the fact that it could all turn out alright for Beanie's sake. I can't not prepare him for a baby coming and I certainly can't prepare him for a baby dying. There's no prep for that especially not for a 2 year old. Of course we don't talk about that. He sees the picture of V on my bedside table and knows his name, but thinks that his brother is asleep in the picture. All I say is that he's not asleep and I leave it at that.
(Yes, Beanie will be 2 years old at the end of March!)
Still not much naming progress for Coccinelle.
6 years ago




1 comments:
Moksha's Mommy~
I wasn't able to email you, I couldn't find an email address. I came across your blog, and I was a little startled because we have such similar stories, as far as our children go. I'm so sorry for your loses, but I'm SO happy for your little miracle, Beanie and another one on his/her way!
My Gia, who was full term, died in July of 2007, a day after my birthday. After five miscarriages, all between 3 and 12 weeks, I can happily say I'm a mommy of a beautiful little miracle, Jaidan.
I wish you nothing but happiness, peace and joy...
Love,
Shakti
Post a Comment