6 years ago
My first born son was stillborn at full term in July 2006. My second born son died in May 2007. My third son was born alive and healthy in March 2008 and my daughter was born alive and healthy in April 2010
Copyright © 2009 Moksha. WP by Hybrid..
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
7 comments:
And what's the plan?
CRAP. Beanie's resolved, maybe hers will. Do you have any concrete info?
Thinking of you. So scary.
xo
Oh, $hit. (((hugs)))
thinking of you and ditto Catherine / what's the plan?
I don't know how much you have studied the info from Dr. Collins. There are several kinds of nuchal cords, and the danger factor is really relative to which type it is. Does it loop back on itself, etc.?
But what it all comes down to is this: does your OB have a management plan to get you to the point of delivery? Really, we are talking 7-14 days of management, right? You've had the steriods. Is there possibility of induction at 36 weeks? That would be just a few days away.
Try to remember all the stories of people who have these uncomplicated pregnancies and tell the story of how the cord was around their baby's neck five times (seriously, someone told me that story after I said C. died in a cord accident - tactless to say the least). Lots and lots and lots of babies have nuchal loops and have absolutely no ill effects.
The only thing I have heard that I will pass on is to drink tons of water, especially before bed. You can't add amniotic fluid orally, but your body handles fluid levels better when you are well hydrated. Make sure you drink your 2L in the daytime. Then, drink a large glass of water just before bed. That will get you out to pee in a couple of hours. Usually, maternal blood pressure drops a bit after several hours of sleep (around 2 am), and can slightly affect placental blood flow which may have an effect on cord blood flow. If you get up to pee then, your blood pressure goes up. While you're up, drink another large glass of water. You'll be up in 3-4 hours again. You'll be tired, but it is worth it, I think.
Am I helping? I sure hope I am not making you more anxious. So close to the end and yet knowing something potentially dangerous is lurking is enough to make you go mad. I'm really sorry you have to deal with this...
Nobody says anything about C-section? Do they have the possibility to see if there's a knot on the length of the cord? It's literally scary, but so, so safe...
Hang on in there!
Post a Comment