The shadow comes across the murderous rocks
It beckons to me with sweet promises of relief
Family love transforms into leaden chains
Like staring into a silent flaming inferno
With invisible arms holding me back
While screams come from within
The shadow calls me with a romantic Siren song
You will find them again; you will join them again
You will be able to protect and watch over them
You will swim like a sea lion or dart like a penguin
Instead of wading through treacly, neck-deep mud
Wasting your time on waiting for nothing
I welcome you and invite you in
More comforting than the stark sunshine
More soothing than repeated promises of future-happy
You accompany me through my wide-eyed rest time
You let me imagine a bullet ripping flesh, in peace
You offer me an option
I see you cutting my empty form down
Or you, calling for a futile ambulance in panic
Or you, hearing the sticky red drip, drip on the floor
Or you, angrily disappointed that I followed too early
The shadow is gone for now
May 26th 2007
6 years ago




0 comments:
Post a Comment