Saturday, 28 July 2007

V's bench

We went to see V's bench today - for me for the first time. It was only just completed, with the plaque installed. The bench is big enough for two adults to sit comfortably with a child between them. It faces a large lake, looking across the bay to a town where DH and I used to live. The bench itself is in the village where DH grew up.

Some time today a year ago, V. died and I didn't even notice. I'm so sorry V. I still can't understand how you could have died and your own mother didn't even notice. I was waiting for your arrival the next day, already scheduled to begin at 3pm. I was nervous about the birth and the potential pain. I never ever thought that somehow you wouldn't make it out alive. I never once even considered that, after your 5 month check-up.

9 comments:

wannabe mom said...

It is so beautiful. Thinking of you on V's one year anniversary.

BasilBean said...

It is so lovely that you have this memorial to V. I'm thinking of you today and hoping that the day is peaceful.

Julia said...

It's a beautiful bench in what looks like a beautiful spot.
Thinking of you this weekend.

ms. G said...

Beatiful bench for V, Rosepetal. I love the tribute for him.

And my own head has been echoing similar thoughts lately about M. I didn't know, how could I not know? You are not alone, Rosepetal.

Kim said...

Thinking of you and your sweet boy today.

Beruriah said...

V's bench is in such a lovely spot. Much love and many warm thoughts to you today, on V's one year.

Clare said...

the bench is lovely. and the view is picturesque. It's perfect. and my thoughts are with you and V. Much love and peace to you on this very hard anniversary.

delphi said...

The bench is so beautiful. What a serene place. Lovely.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

I didn't know either - I was told once even if you knew the exact moment that your baby heart stopped beating - there was nothing you could do ... like it some consolation.
It is a very beautiful memorial to V.