I had my first scare. I say "I" as I am in the UK at my mother's and DH isn't here. After having lower abdominal pain all day, but nothing else as in no bleeding, we called a family friend and neighbour who is a general practitioner. (In the UK GPs follow normal pregnancies).
He felt the tenderness in my lower abdomen and told us that it was safer to go to hospital to get checked out. My mother, my brother and I went to the nearest hospital. Our friend had already called ahead to brief the OBGYN registrar on call.
At the hospital they had my records because.... I was born there! The OBGYN saw me very quickly and was very understanding. Thanks to our friend he had my history and took my panic seriously. I didn't have a scan but I did hear the heartbeat with teary relief. Diagnosis: ligament pain or digestive pain (I think more the latter).
Phew.
*******************
Yesterday morning we scattered my father's ashes in the North Sea. They should have gone into the Holy Ganges in Northern India but we figured that all ashes end up in the sea. We couldn't do it until now as my brother and I haven't been here at the same time since Dad died. It was at sea off the coastline where Dad spent about 45 years of his life. I grew up in an industrial area and the coastline here isn't exactly pretty beaches and white thatched cottages with a sea view. But I thought it was very fitting since Dad was a chemical engineer and spent his professional life working here.
It's the third time I've scattered ashes in recent times. It didn't upset me too much as I really believed that Dad wasn't in the little box anymore. I couldn't help contrasting the large, heavy amount of ashes compared to the tiny sachets of ashes that V. and A. had.
*******************
Had everything gone right with A., he would have probably been born this week. I wouldn't have been allowed to go to full term and his due date was 30th October. This isn't upsetting me too much as I've integrated the fact that he isn't here anymore, the same way as I am, ever so slowly, integrating the fact that V isn't here. I'm thinking Christmas spent with my nephew may turn out to be less hard than I imagined. Of course, this could be true only as long as the new bean sticks around in rude health.
*******************
Many congratulations to Sarah and to Laura!
6 years ago




9 comments:
So glad to hear from you. Nothing much to add other than my voice of support as you continue to struggle forward in this pregnancy and dealing with all the grief you must carry around.
Always thinking of you.
... continue on this journey with the incredible strength you have shown us all.
I wish you all the very best for 'little bean'. A pregnancy after losing a precious baby (or babies) is the hardest thing to endure.The innocence and joy in the miracle of pregnancy is lost , the little life growing inside is but a hope and a dream. Till we hold the wee wriggling and breathing bundle and dare to dream again. I lost my daughter @26wks in Sept 2004 , today I have twin sons (born July 2006 - I know ! your story touched me so deeply I had to write truthfully).
I am so sorry he didn't get to stay. I cannot imagine how your are feeling but I want you to know you are in my thoughts.
Moksha's story is a living memory of your love for him and the way he will touch many lives.It was so beautifully written ~ bittersweet, heartbreaking but so proudly.His legacy is one of love, and his footprints he has left all over your heart. He will never be forgotten.
I am still reading the rest of your blog.
Ugh... I am glad they were able to see you and to reassure you. Sorry you needed that reassurance. It must've been very hard on you and on your family.
I am glad you got to honor your father like that, with your immediate family by your side. I hope, too, that having both of you there brought a measure of comfort to your mother.
I am so glad everything is okay, and that they took your concerns seriously.
Sending lots of (((((hugs))))), like delphi said -- always thinking of you. And what Julia said -- i am glad you & your brother were both there to bring comfort to your mother.
I had been thinking of you athese last few weeks, thinking A's due date is close and wanted to send you much love. and also happiness that the bean is still there are growing stronger every day.
Its so good to hear from you...
I was stopping by to see how you are...and to just say that I have been thinking about you so much.
I am so glad that those around you took things serious for you...and that you could get the reassurance that you needed.
Your on my mind...and in my heart.
I can't say much except that I'm thinking of you and am glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well. It's sad, though, to think of all the things that we have to get used to, so that, in the end, they seem not to hurt as much or to trouble us too greatly.
I hope there are no more scares like that. Wishing you the easiest ride possible :)
Sorry about the scare. I'm glad that you got to hear the heartbeat.
Thinking of you and your babies.
Post a Comment