I wept on the table as the measurements were being taken and refused to look at the image on the ultrasound screen. I was stripped of any pretence that it couldn't possibly be bad news again - why couldn't it be? My psyche was open and exposed to the universe.
The nuchal fold measurement was 1mm. (A's was 4mm). We need to wait for results of the combined blood test and u/s measurements but on the u/s it seemed good.
I will have another u/s at the end of October and will have to decide on amnio / no amnio.
Update: the statistical result is 1 in 4015. Thank you for all your good wishes.
6 years ago




22 comments:
So happy to hear that you got some good news today. This must bring you some relief although you will not have complete relief until baby is in your arms
((((hugs)))) I am glad to hear that things are looking good so far.
Hugging you, in my heart.
That is great news. I do understand the fear of hearing the worst though. I so hope that after the first trimester you get to actually enjoy a pregnancy and get a baby in your arms in the end.
Hugs and hope coming your way.
Another step forward. Good for you. Hang in there and remember that it's ok to cry along the way...but try to smile some too.
Oh babes, mine was 1 too :)
I am REALLY confident this is the one for you too!
I want to jump up and down for you but I'll wait if you like :)
XXXXXXXXXXX
That's a wonderfully reassuring number! My heart is so full of hope and good wishes for you.
whew. another hurdle behind you. fingers crossed here.
OMG 1mm, that's great news. I am so happy for you. I haven't stopped thinking of you all week.
Phew. What very good news. Big (((hugs))) to you rosepetal.
One tiny step closer.
Thinking of you.
1mm is a wonderful result. Im very happy for you both.
Im sure the bt results will bring more good news.
Hugs
xxx
This is very, very good R.. x
Big, huge exhale.
I am sorry it was so hard and emotional for you. But how could it not have been?
One tiny measurement. One huge step forward. So, so happy for you for today.
Another hurdle crossed. Glad to hear things are looking good so far. ((hugs))
Big giant hugs.
Oh Rosepetal, I'm so glad to hear the u/s went well. It must have been torture and I'm so sorry this is the way it is. It's so unfair, but as you've said, you just know too much for it to be any other way.
But I will continue to hold out the greatest hope that you will never, ever have to repeat the pain you've already experienced and that this little baby will be coming home with you.
((((HUGS))))
Very good news! Sending ((((hugs)))
I am so thankful to hear of some good news for you guys!
yayyyyyyyyyyyyy! great numbers. whew. now are you half-expecting a piano to drop straight out of the sky and land on you? in other words, waiting fo rthe other shoe to drop? hopefully you'll get moments of relief and enjoyment.
Oh I missed this for awhile!
Good good news.
1 in 4015 is amazing numbers. Just what you needed to hear.
Post a Comment