Adding a ticker is a huge psychological step for me. I hesitated a long time. I would have chosen a smaller one but couldn't find one that I liked much. On the one above, I don't like the exclamation mark at the end. Too much excitement insinuated. I can manage the wording "baby is due in xx weeks". But if it had said "my baby will be born in xx weeks" I would definitely not have chosen it.
I really really don't like the baby.strology tickers. This is what a baby that has died silently in utero would look like. Floating around motionless and heartbeatless in the amniotic fluid. That's what I imagine V. was doing the evening before I was supposed to be induced.
If I can't hold out on tickerdom (that is one counting down to a supposed event in the future rather than counting from a concrete event in the past) I'll take it down again.
6 years ago




4 comments:
I really understand your feelings on this one, since I started out with tickers that counted down to my next appointment. That was almost exciting - like counting down to Christmas - and I didn't feel cynical looking at those.
But, even now that everything seems to be going well, I still get a little twitchy at the thought of tempting fate and having a "real" ticker on display on my blog. (I do have one on some of the message boards I'm part of, though.) I know at some point I need to put those fears aside and go with the flow and just do it, but damn it's hard. Plus, I did it with Ryan, and this little one deserves that same recognition and anticipation that I had with him, even if I'm a little more jaded now.
putting up a ticker is a huge step. But it is very convenient for your readers! Which is why i did it ;)
I've had the exact same thought about those eerie baby*strology tickers.
A ticker is an enormous step. One I'm quite sure I would never be able to take.
I've taken my counter off my site. I just realized I don't need to have it to remember how long it has been since we lost Jacob. I think secretly I had it on there so I could see how long it would be till we were 'allowed' to TTC again.
I just want to stop thinking about the time factor in all of this all for a while.
Good on you for putting up the pregnancy ticker, I think that took guts. I know what you mean about the other ones, they are pretty spooky.
C x
Post a Comment