Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Scuppered by the strikes

I was all set to meet Artblog in Paris this weekend when.... les grèves!

Yes, that annual - nay monthly - French speciality, transport strikes with no defined end date, has meant that our weekend trip has been cancelled. We had to give 24 hours notice to cancel our hotel without charge.

So Artblog and I will have to rendez-vous another time :-(

6 comments:

niobe said...

Oh no. And here I always thought that French strikes were carefully scheduled so that people could plan around them.

Samantha said...

Rosepetal,
I wanted to drop by and say congrats. I know I have been MIA, just trying to my thoughts and life together. But, I have been checking in- just not posting. Hope you are feeling well.

Ruby said...

Sorry your trip had to be postponed. Hope you can still get there soon.

Julia said...

Darn!
Well, both of you can fly to the US for a meeting, you know.

Anonymous said...

If only Niobe, if only!!!

I was bloody disappointed and for once something I didn't forget :) Next time luv and for the life of me if the french don't stop "greving" I'm gonna leave this flippin country, pronto!

XXX

Rosepetal said...

Yes, I feel a little vindicated in our decision to cancel, since they're seemingly STILL not over!