Dear Beanie
When you get hiccoughs for too long, I am worried that your cord is being compressed.
When you don't move strongly enough, I am worried that you are slowing down or in trouble.
When you move too much, I am worried that this is what "frantic" movements just before death are.
You did all three of these last night.
You need to move just right, you see? You do very well at your evening kick-counts. But Mummy is paranoid that you might be in trouble and considers running to the hospital pretty much every day.
Mummy is trying her best to work on her paranoia but progress is extremely slow.
*******************
Many thanks to everyone for the comments about V. He was indeed beautiful, although I was too shocked at the time to take it in.
*******************
I think we have decided on a real name for Beanie (although we still call him Beanie for the moment). His middle name will be my father's. We've had this name in mind for a while and it's grown on me now. In the end the baby takes on the name and makes it his or her own. This even happened with V. and A. - I don't see the "name" any more, just who they are. I'm able to choose a name for Beanie now as he will need one whatever the outcome is.
6 years ago




5 comments:
Do hiccups really means the cord around the neck! Another thing to worry about, never bloody ends!
HUGS
No hiccups are normal, please don't worry. I sent myself crazy worrying about that with J so I asked a lot of people, including midwifes. All assured me it was normal. If you are worried just ask your OB no question is a silly one if it puts your mind at rest.
I hope Beanie listens to your letter and starts behaving himself and stops giving his mummy palpitations.
I think next time I might just live at the hospital.
Don't you just want to camp out at the hospital? I could see it now: "Don't mind me, I'll just live out of the parking lot!".
I wish that God may be gracious to you now and give you all the peace and comfort you need. I especially hope that you meet your little Beanie!
That first paragraph, that describes exactly the types of thoughts I had during my pregnancy with A. Exactly. It sucks, I know, hang in there.
Hang in there......I know the fear, and if you need to be a regular at the hospital to keep yourself assured then go for it.I did it alot with my second pregnancy and the docs and nurses were more than happy to reassure me. I hope Beanie hears your thoughts and helps in the reassurance department. Take care....Dena P.S. I went on Anissa's blog last night and it was so late I did not take the time to email her and now it already private. I feel bad for her. Could you email me if you know how to contact her? I would love to keep reading her blog. thanks......Denamolsen@gmail.com
Post a Comment