Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Anniversary

Today is one year since my LMP. I don't know why I felt like writing that down, just seemed like a different type of anniversary, that's all.

I'm probably going to bre.astfeed Beanie exclusively for around 5-6 months and then start weaning. I have no idea how long it will take, but I'm going back to work in January, so it will definitely be over by then. And secretly I'm wondering how long it will take for my periods to come back and how long I will wait before TTC again. I will be 36 in January and I first got pregnant, with V., when I was 32, which didn't seem so late to start trying at the time.

I'm not feeding Beanie at night anymore so maybe my cycles will come back before I stop breastfeeding? Who knows? I'm not going to TTC whilst bre.astfeeding though. I suppose I have to spare my body even the possibility of the double-whammy of pregnant whilst producing milk. Then I really would be knackered.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my period back at around 10 months with Aaron (while still BF) and around a year with Kam (also while still BF). By then they had both slowed down on BF, but Kam was still doing 4-5 times a day, which I guess is why it took a couple more months.

Julia said...

I am no help-- my PCOS made it so that I didn't get my period after Monkey for about 15 months. As that is a progressive disease, and it was already messing with me before I got pg this time, I am not even hazarding a guess on how that will go...