Tomorrow night will be the first evening I'm leaving Beanie. We are going to a wedding and Beanie will be at my in-laws. Deep deep breaths. I mean, we are only staying the evening at the wedding and we're going to sleep at my in-laws that same night as the wedding is closer to their place than ours (and of course I much prefer checking on Beanie myself the same night!) So in reality I'm only leaving him for about 7 hours, most of which I hope he will spend asleep. But it's still freaking me out.....
When V died I spent several months imagining him Somewhere Else, crying for me and wondering why I didn't come. It was pure torture and led to moments of wishing for death so I could follow him to hold him close and soothe him. I don't know if Beanie will cry for me or his Papa tomorrow night. It will be difficult - but not torture.
I have some real posts in me somewhere, but no time to write them properly. That's because I prioritised form over substance in changing my blog template. Still got to put back all my links.
6 years ago




7 comments:
I hope it goes well. always so unnerving leaving baby with someone for the first time!
Good luck. Even a few hours can seem like a very, very long time.
I hope it went well today. And I like the new template a lot.
I like the new template!
I hope it went well! I know it is nerve-wracking to leave them...but i am sure he will be very well taken care of!
I hope everything went well and Beanie did indeed sleep the hours away.
I like the new look blog.
How did it go? Hope you had fun!
Im sure Beanie will be fine. its you that will have the hard time. :)
Hugs
xxx
Post a Comment