Beanie had his first taste of formula last night. I am a bit wistful but we are going to go very slowly. Sometime in the next couple of weeks he'll be starting solids and moving into his own room (gulp*) and I don't want to start everything at the same time.
He has been on four feeds a day and none at night for quite some time now, and I am gently going to make the bedtime feed into a formula one. Last night he had 60ml (about 2 fl.oz) of formula and the rest from me. The other three feeds will stay breastfeeds for the moment.
He was a bit dubious to start with but then guzzled it all down and didn't seem to have any ill-effects on his digestive system. Tonight: 90ml of formula.
I want my cycles to come back which is why I'm starting this now, and also I have the time to go very slowly with it as I'm not going back to work until January - I've taken 4.5 months of unpaid leave on top of 4 months of paid maternity leave. Beanie doesn't need the breast to fall asleep which is a huge bonus.
My formula adventure didn't start very well - I bought some (Hi.PP) from the supermarket, only to find when I got it home that it was already 14 days past its sell-by date! I made a complaint and took it back, but there was none of the same type left (which I thought suspicious, like they were all past their sell-by date and they took them all off the shelves). I ended up looking in a few other places and no-one else seemed to stock that brand of formula. Conclusion: don't start on a brand which is hard to find. I ended up getting a different one (Apta.mil), and Beanie certainly doesn't seem to care.
*When he goes into his own room, he's pretty much going to be the same distance away from us as he is now, with his bed in our room. But it's still stressful thinking about it. I still get butterflies everytime we go in to check him. If it's my husband checking, I always imagine him shouting, "call an ambulance, quick!", until he comes out and says, "Everything's fine." I've ordered my Ange.lcare monitor now. Beanie's not going into his own room until I get it.
He has been on four feeds a day and none at night for quite some time now, and I am gently going to make the bedtime feed into a formula one. Last night he had 60ml (about 2 fl.oz) of formula and the rest from me. The other three feeds will stay breastfeeds for the moment.
He was a bit dubious to start with but then guzzled it all down and didn't seem to have any ill-effects on his digestive system. Tonight: 90ml of formula.
I want my cycles to come back which is why I'm starting this now, and also I have the time to go very slowly with it as I'm not going back to work until January - I've taken 4.5 months of unpaid leave on top of 4 months of paid maternity leave. Beanie doesn't need the breast to fall asleep which is a huge bonus.
My formula adventure didn't start very well - I bought some (Hi.PP) from the supermarket, only to find when I got it home that it was already 14 days past its sell-by date! I made a complaint and took it back, but there was none of the same type left (which I thought suspicious, like they were all past their sell-by date and they took them all off the shelves). I ended up looking in a few other places and no-one else seemed to stock that brand of formula. Conclusion: don't start on a brand which is hard to find. I ended up getting a different one (Apta.mil), and Beanie certainly doesn't seem to care.
*When he goes into his own room, he's pretty much going to be the same distance away from us as he is now, with his bed in our room. But it's still stressful thinking about it. I still get butterflies everytime we go in to check him. If it's my husband checking, I always imagine him shouting, "call an ambulance, quick!", until he comes out and says, "Everything's fine." I've ordered my Ange.lcare monitor now. Beanie's not going into his own room until I get it.
[photo removed]




5 comments:
A beautiful, beautiful boy. My German is delinquent but still ein schone schatzi, of course. He's beautiful, Rosepetal.
Look at those eyes! He's just gorgeous!
Omigosh. He is amazingly adorable.
Oh, what a gorgeous baby Beanie is! Very delish. ;-)
I'm glad the transitions are going well.
love those eyes!
There is an emotional difference between in your room & in his own room, even if the distance is the same. Sounds like you are doing well with all the changes...
Post a Comment