Sunday, 7 September 2008

Remember couple B?

Today we are going to be meeting couple B, for the first time since that weekend almost a year ago. I still don't want to, but I female couple B has made an effort. She didn't know I was pregnant with Beanie and found out about him after he was born. She called me in the hospital to congratulate me.

This date has been fixed up for ages and it was their initiative (what with trips away, holidays, prior commitments, we couldn't find a date earlier). They wanted to invite us for lunch, which I knew would be a long, drawn-out affair lasting the whole afternoon. Despite female B's efforts, I have already given up on this friendship. I don't have enough polite chit-chat for a long drawn out afternoon. Beanie has gotten into a nice little daytime nap routine which is almost predictable and whilst I don't mind disrupting it on occasion, I prefer it to be for something I would actually like to be doing.

I guess it's just all too late for me.

So instead we are meeting half way for a walk in a park, at 4pm, with their two daughters.

By the ways, Couple C had their baby girl and she was thankfully okay despite the toxoplasmosis. Haven't seen them since that weekend a year ago either and I really really don't want to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the one hand, it's nice that she's making an effort. But you can't help but wonder:

a) Why were they such douche bags before?

b) Is she making an effort because she realizes she was a shit, or is because she just feels guilty, or both?

Either way, I suppose a walk in the park can't hurt. It'll be interesting to see what she has to say.

kate said...

The park is a good option, i hope it goes not too badly.