Saturday, 9 May 2009

Update

Beanie is still spiking highish fevers but hasn't convulsed again. From now on we now have to treat him whenever he gets to 38 deg C / 100.4 F and not wait. Since we got home from hospital he's got to 39.5 deg C once and a couple of times up to 39, but he's slowly managing to go longer between doses of para.cet.amol / ir.fen before his temp goes up. He doesn't have any other symptoms apart from a stuffy nose. He sees his own doctor for a follow up on Monday. Poor baby. He is most crucially acting like his usual self. He's mostly just tired from a sleep deficit.

DH got home yesterday morning, and he slept in Beanie's room last night and I finally got 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. Beanie was happy to see him (it's the longest he's been away). Beanie's generally happiest when we're both around.

At my OB appointment, it was confirmed everything gone. She recommended that we wait until the next cycle before trying again to ensure everything is back to normal. Also next cycle to start taking low dose aspirin again and multivitamins. She said it might even have been an empty gestational sac. I suppose there's no way of knowing what happened. I considered giving it a blog name, Cells, but it doesn't feel necessary at all. We don't know if Cells ever even existed. I'm feeling surprisingly okay about it.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Phew, I am so glad to hear Beanie appears to be on the mend. I've been thinking about you all so much!

I'm sorry about Cells, whether or not s/he ever existed. And hopeful for the future.

Ya Chun said...

You deserve a break!

And so sorry about your pregnancy. :(

m said...

I'm so sorry I missed everything - just want you to know how sorry I am that you've had to go through this.... x

janis said...

I'm glad you got some sleep.

Thinking of you. xo

Anonymous said...

Just come back, sorry for everything!

D. had a febrile convulsion two months ago because of a double ear infection, Mr A. was away too! Thank god for your quick wit. I'm now shit scared when ever he gets a fever!

Hope you recover soon and get pregnant again without problem :)

x

msfitzita said...

I'm so, so, so glad to hear that sweet Beanie is holding his own AND that your husband is home. I hated to hear that you were dealing with so much all on your own :(

Thinking of you with love.

(((HUGS)))