I didn't see my doctor yesterday, there was a lot of bleeding but it's like a very heavy period. Nothing to see in particular. There was nothing she could do anyway. She told me to take some sick days and rest. I'll see her tomorrow for what was meant to be my first pregnancy checkup but instead the appointment will be checking that everything's gone.
I haven't had much time to think about it though, as I woke up last night at midnight to hear Beanie making a strange noise. It wasn't a loud noise, so I can only guess it was instinct or something that woke me up.
He was convulsing in his bed and gasping for air with his eyes unfocused and was not aware that I was there. DH is still away, so it's just me and Beanie. I called an ambulance almost immediately as I was alone and thought he couldn't breathe.
Yes, it was febrile convulsions. They stopped after as I undressed him and gave him para.cet.amol and he started crying (= breathing) but they still took us to hospital and we stayed the night as they ran tests on him and ruled out meningitis, encephalitis, swine flu and urinary infection. The problem was we don't know how long he was convulsing for before I woke up. He is still running a high fever but I've got extra drugs now. We're back home and I'll be sleeping in his room tonight. He seems himself.
Despite my course in medical emergencies for young children, where febrile convulsions were covered, I panicked and called an ambulance immediately. But as my MIL said: better to have an unneccessary ambulance than to not have a necessary ambulance. The doctor today said I did the right thing.
So no rest for me for the chemical pregnancy / miscarriage of .... was that just yesterday? Great to have anniversary of Dad's death, BFP, miscarriage, ambulance and night in paediatrics all whilst DH is away.
6 years ago




12 comments:
oh for pete's sake! :x When it rains it pours?? I'm so glad the l/o's okay! How scary! Get ye both to bed with soup and some good family movies until DH returns! :)
The worst feeling in the world for a bereaved parent is to feel, if only for a moment, that the one child you do have might be taken away, too. I have had those moment. Damn right you should call the ambulance. Absolutely the right choice. Your mom is right.
Bloody hell, you have had a lot on your plate. Just deep breaths, take out, and relax as much as humanly possible. Know I am sending you as many good thoughts as I can muster.
Much love, my friend.
Jimminy Christmas!! How scary. Glad Beanie is OK and you sound OK too. Sorry about the bleeding. I hope you can get some closure soon so you can move forward... (((hugs)))
Oh my God i am so sorry! I am SO glad he is okay! Yes, you were absolutely right to call the ambulance. I will be thinking of you in the next weeks...and hope your dh gets home soon...(((hugs)))))
that is one scary ride. hope dh gets home soon - it wont be soon enuf!
bug hugs, thinking of you
I am so sorry for the scare, Rosepetal, and all that you have been going through, on your own.
Except I have been thinking of you mighty lot.
Sending you healing, sweet.
I'm sorry for Beanie! When one of them run a high fever, we used pe.ri.to.l to sedate him a little bit (the doctor told so).
My vey BFN, my five months of normal or heavy bleeding is 18 months soon. So... Thinking of you!
OMG, Rosepetal. I've been absent from blogs for so long. Absolutely you did the right thing in calling the ambulance. That sounds absolutely terrifying. I am so unbelievably glad Beanie is ok. And I am so sorry about the m/c or chemical pregnancy or whatever is going on. I'll be thinking of you, checking in more often. Much love to you.
OMG, so much to process. In nor particular order, I am so sorry you are losing this pregnancy, I am so sorry you have such a scare with Beanie, and I am so sorry you are dealing with this while your DH is away. It just doesn't seem fair, as childish as that sounds of me to say. I hope Beanie is ok, he is in my prayers.
I am just so sorry. So very sorry about every bad thing you are dealing with right now. (((hugs)))
Hugs to you. I really hope Beanie is OK. That must have been beyond scary. You absolutely did the right thing calling the ambulance your MIL is very right in her saying.
Much strength to you x x x
Ok, so I wish I had read on. Im so sorry!
Oh and im with your mum. I would have called for the ambos.
hope all is ok now.
Hugs
xxx
Post a Comment