Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Blogger meetup!

So now that kate has said I'm going to blog about our meeting, I have to do it!

It will be short as I'm actually off sick from work. Yesterday, during a day where outside temperatures were 30 deg C, I was feeling a little cold and mildly shivery, with oncoming headache, sore muscles and very fatigued.

Oh no, I thought, and took off in the afternoon to go home. I was so tired that during the 40 min drive home I had to stop at a service station and sleep for 15 minutes in my car, as I thought it was becoming dangerous to drive when I had to concentrate so much on keeping my eyes open.

At home I snuck into my room so Beanie wouldn't see me and claim hugs and kisses with a dose of germs. I had a mild fever (37.8 - which Beanie has almost every week) and today am still feeling quite tired but slightly better nonetheless.

So who knows. Beanie is also running a mild fever today and we're keeping a close eye on him.

Coming back to the first point, I met kate who was in Europe for a conference. She made a special trip out of her way to come to visit us here. She has been so supportive over the last years, it was absolutely fantastic to meet her in person!

Here she is with Beanie:

[photo removed]
I met her off the train from Paris and we went out to dinner by the lake - a rare treat for me and probably even rarer for her. We chatted about all sorts - Nicolas, V., M&T, C, A, Beanie and our parents and husbands. For me it was like we had known each other for years, which in essence we have!

She showed me a cute work in progress BSJ for Beanie and I took the opportunity to get some expert knitting consultancy on a VERY simple sweater I am making for Beanie.

The next day we went to a market and had lunch from the things we bought there. Then all too soon we had to drive to the airport where there was a massive queue. Thankfully she caught her flight and made it safely to London.

So whenever we make it a large city in the US where my brother and his family live and which is not so far from the large city in the US where kate lives, we will meet again.

3 comments:

Catherine said...

I'm have to say right now, that if you come to that large city that isn't far from the city where Kate lives, you better tell me so I can come up and visit with you both...ok? ok.

Glad you had a nice visit. Isn't Kate awesome?

Rosepetal said...

OK, Catherine, it's a deal!

kate said...

sorry that i didn't visit earlier here & comment! It was so wonderful to see you! I do hope you can come see us one of these days...