Well, maybe not galore. I have at least two posts I want to write, which is two more than most of the time. One is about my IRL blogger meetup - but I want to ask the person if I can post a picture of her and Beanie temporarily here first.
This year around no-one seems to be thinking of V. He is gone gone gone for everyone. Even I get through my busy days, especially at work, being efficient and approachable and smiley.
I was talking, after a long, somewhat deliberate silence on my part, with my pregnant fluffy bunny neighbour. I had told her about V. (they moved here just after Beanie was born). I even showed her a picture of him.
Today she asked me if I had any ideas about recommended prams. I was with Beanie in his pushchair and I explained that the model was okay, pros and cons and just mentioned in passing that it was probably an old model now, since we bought it for our first son.
"Your first son? Does he live in this country?"
She f*ing forgot that I told her about - and showed her a picture of - V! I know it was more than a year ago but she f*ing forgot.
"No, my first son who died."
Then later on she was going on and on about which hospital and all the things she needed to buy and whether she should buy pink or blue clothes and how she was going to wanted to buy them whilst on holiday in Spain as they were cheaper there, but the u/s where she would get to know the sex would be after they got back blah blah blah.
All the while I was on autopilot mouth and inside was thinking, "You do know your baby could still die, right?" (but obviously she doesn't).
Janis sums it up - she had exclamation marks hovering all over her pregnancybabybunny talk. There are none here.
(Did you know Ferdinand and V had the same birthday?)
I am also wondering whether we should try again this month and potentially be pregnant only for me and baby to die of swine flu in the 3rd trimester which would be peak flu season, depriving Beanie of a mother and yet another sibling. Fun fun fun trains of thought.
6 years ago




2 comments:
I can't imagine ever having a conversation about pregnancy again that has any exclamation marks, anything in bold, anything all caps. Can't fathom ever assuming pregnancy leads to parenting a live child. Talking tiny clothes and prams and parenting styles still seem very much like putting the cart before the horse.
And she forgot? Amazing. Unbelievable. Though, unfortunately, I do believe it since I have little faith these days in most people's capacity for empathy.
And swine flu? Yeah, I'm on a news blackout until this whole thing blows over. I can't take the stress.
I remember how I could not believe my eyes when I realized Ferdinand and V shares the same birthday... just that they are a year apart.
I can't believe about your fluffybunny neighbor! How can people just forget like this?! This is what kills me- they think if you have a living baby afterwards, it's all OK. It is NEVER OK.
Thinking of you and V in the coming days, Rosepteal. ((hugs))
Post a Comment