Wednesday, 8 July 2009

July x3

Many days have gone by with no post.

Beanie had his 15 month check-up yesterday. I was very tense about it. In our support group, after V. died, there was a woman whose found her 15 month old daughter dead in her cot the morning after her 15 month checkup vaccinations. The autopsy didn't conclude the vaccinations caused her death but that sure as hell was the mother's conclusion. I've been thinking about that little girl, E, a lot recently.

I (cried) explained E's story to the paediatrician. The result was that instead of getting two combined vaccines, one for MMR and one for DTP + HiB plus another one for Men C, Beanie only got the Men C. yesterday. The others were booster shots anyway. He'll have one at his 18 month checkup and the other one at his 24 month checkup.

The run up to V's 3rd birthday is starting to get to me. Hot summer, people around me who are pregnant, al fresco dining, strawberries and chocolate ice cream - all remind me of the happy last days of my pregnancy with V, before I ever knew it was all going wrong at the last minute.

Waiting for AF, by the way. Fairly certain that there won't be any BFPs this time around. We were staying at my mum's place during the critical period, and she sleeps with her door open and our door didn't shut very well. Plus Beanie was getting up early what with it being further north and an hour's time difference.

On another note, I am looking forward to meeting a dear blogger friend from another continent in person this weekend! My first IRL meet up with the blogger. Exciting!

6 comments:

janis said...

((hugs))
urgh, all that anxiety, memories and hot weather...
July is tough for me too, I really hate it.

Catherine said...

I hate clear blue skies for the same reason. {{{hug}}}

Have fun at your meetup! You have to take pics and share, ok? ok.

Pbugs Mommy said...

I was thinking of you today and the fact you had not posted in a while, and here you are! Good to hear from you. I'm so glad Beanie's doctor actually listened to your concerns and didn't just brush you off.

Laura said...

I know, those vaccines are a little scary. Especially all those after 12 months. I split Ben's up, too.

I bet I know who you're meeting! Have fun--I'm jealous :) I'd love to meet bloggy friends IRL. I think we should have a reunion somewhere.

Sending you hugs and the hope that this month goes by quickly. My bad time is between Christmas and Valetine's.

Sara said...

I know it's not reasonable, but the shots scare me too. I wish I could promise all of us that all our babies will wake up every morning, and that we'll die ourselves secure in the knowledge that they've lived long happy lives. I enjoy every day with Baby Man, and yet there's always a little bit of fear that something will take him away.

Thinking of you during these long hot anniversary days.

janis said...

I just wanted to stop by and let you know you have been on my mind. xo