Friday, 24 July 2009

Due date

24th July was V's due date. I spent my pregnancy focused on this date. It came and went. The last picture of the old me was taken today three years ago - I just look so happy in it.

The last time I "saw" and "heard" him alive was three years ago tomorrow - through the ultrasound screen and heartbeat monitoring where he was absolutely fine.

I don't think anyone else remembers this date, even DH has not mentioned it. Even I didn't remember it first thing.

I wish my three year-old was here, that he had been born alive on his due date instead stillborn five days later. He could quite easily be playing with Beanie now and talking up a bilingual storm.

I just read a news story about Roge.r Fe.der.er's wife having healthy twin girls yesterday. And my first thought was not a morose one but a brief genuine internal smile of "great news!" It's a measure of how far I have come in three years that I could have that as a first thought. (In fact it's not in three years. It's only since Beanie has graced my life).

5 comments:

janis said...

(((hugs))) Rosepetal. I am remembering with you.

Hope's Mama said...

The last time I heard my girl alive and well was the day after her due date. She was stillborn four days later. I have a funny relationship with my due date (rapidly approaching) as she should have been born alive and well on this date. I still winced today when I heard Roger Federer's news. I still have a long way to go.
Remembering V with you, with love.

Anonymous said...

This year was the first year I actually forgot about my Alex's due date. It came and went and I didn't realize it until two days later. It's been almost 5 years since I lost her.

(((hugs))) you're always in my thoughts.

CLC said...

Thinking of you Rosepetal. I wish he were here too. You have come a long way!

Ya Chun said...

((hugs))

i've got one of those pics too.

hopefully each year more peace and love will fill us - taking up the room from the intense pain.