Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Harder this year

I am finding this third year hard. Harder than last year when I had a very young Beanie and probably some sleep deprivation to distract me.

It's 9pm here - most certainly V was already dead at this time three years ago, and I just hadn't even realised it. I don't know if he died in the morning or the afternoon. I wasn't paying enough attention.

Losing V is the biggest failure of my life. I have never gotten past that fact.

I told my manager, who was not my manager when V was born, that tomorrow was his birthday. I shed a few tears as I said he would have been three.

"The wound is still raw, isn't it?" he said.

Yes. Not always, but today it really is.

10 comments:

Cheek said...

I am sorry this year is hitting you harder, and sorrier still that your precious V is not here. Thinking of you...

pbugsmommy said...

So sorry, Rosepetal. So very sorry.

Ya Chun said...

So sorry dearie, sorry that V is not here.

It's the same with me, I don't know when Serenity died, and I feel like I should have paid better attention.

Anonymous said...

(((hugs)))

P.S. The word verification for me to post this is "bless". Hmmmm....

msfitzita said...

Sending a million hugs your way, my friend.

They say time heals all wounds. But they lie.

(((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

JMB said...

I wish I had the right words to say to take away some of the pain-and a way to be there to be a shoulder. I'm just so sorry.

janis said...

((hugs)) Rosepetal. I am sorry it feels harder this year..
But please, you did NOT fail. You did NOT, did NOT, did NOT.

Remembering with you, sending love...

CLC said...

Thinking of you and V.

kate said...

I have been thinking of you and V over these days but have not been online very much. Sending you much love.

Brenda - you can now find me at : www.lifecanbeashit.wordpress.com said...

Huge hugs to you.
xxx