Wednesday, 14 October 2009

I had to start speaking to him again

I had to start speaking to my husband again on Saturday, as we had scheduled to view a (different) house and in the end we are buying it pending finalistion of mortgage etc. So that sort of decision (which had to be made in the space of 1 minute as the next couple were arriving and were about to make an offer) couldn't be achieved without actually speaking to him.

I don't think he will do it again, although if he can do something that stupid, what other stupid thing could he do? I am leaving Beanie for a few nights for the first time ever the week after next as I am going on a training course for work. So his stupid behaviour has not reassured me about Beanie's safety whilst I am away.

*******************************************

Last week I contributed again to the course on perinatal death for midwives (I did it earlier in the year as well). I told V, A and Beanie's stories, showed them pictures of all three and took a lot more than my allotted time but I think it's useful. I told them I was pregnant again. So far I have only told my mother.

I have my next appointment with the OB tomorrow. I haven't had any bleeding and certainly feel very pregnant. This is the 4th time around now and I am glad to be going on the work training course followed by two weeks vacation as by the time I get back after all that I really don't think there will be any hiding this (assuming I get that far of course. I may not always type that but I will always be thinking that footnote).

So the next huge hurdle for me will be the 12 week scan and blood test results. I don't know what I will do. I'm unable to think about it and we certainly haven't discussed it together. I think that's known as the ostrich approach.

Tomorrow I will have the seasonal flu vaccine and then I am still vacillating about whether to have the H1N1 vaccine.

Update: all seemed well, baby has grown and even moved on the u/s. I had the seasonal flu vaccine and my next appointment in 3 weeks will be the 1st tri tests.... :-(

4 comments:

Ya Chun said...

have you guys worked it out?

and wow! on the bfp! I hope it all goes smoothly

kate said...

Congrats on finding a house, though.

As far as the DH goes, i would to go with 'he learned his lesson & won't do anything that stupid again'. Mine never did anything that stupid again (not that he hasn't done other stupid things, but then again, we all do)

Fingers crossed for good results in 3 weeks....

Coggy said...

Glad all well so far.

I hope your DH doesn't mess up again. I'm with Kate on the not doing again. Once bitten twice shy as they say.

I'll have my fingers and toes crossed for your tests. Xx

JMB said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going OK-I was hoping that the no news was good news approach was right.

Stupid husbands go with the territory. Do you have someone lined up that could be a "help" if he needs it while you're gone? Might make you feel a little better about the whole thing.

Prelim congrats on the new house!